Protection of manufacturing major political consideration: SharmaApril 20th, 2012 - 5:53 pm ICT by IANS
Puerto Vallarta (Mexico), April 20 (IANS) Commerce Minister Anand Sharma has said protection of the manufacturing sector is a major political consideration, even as India is trying to further integrate itself with the global economy.
“The growth of manufacturing is a key political consideration for countries across the world as manufacturing alone has the potential of absorbing millions of people who are joining the workforce,” Sharma said in his address Thursday at the ongoing G20 trade ministers’ meet in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Speaking on the emergence of multinational corporations and consolidation of businesses across the world, Sharma said India was trying to integrate itself with the global economy and climb the value chain in terms of manufacturing.
“Even as we endeavour to integrate ourselves with the global economy, each of us aspire to move up the value chain and not remain confined to the lower rungs of value added manufacturing,” the minister said.
- Need to stick with Doha trade talks: Sharma - Apr 20, 2012
- G-20 Summit Declaration - Jun 20, 2012
- India second in terms of manufacturing competitiveness: Anand Sharma - Mar 17, 2011
- Lady Gaga taking surfing lessons - Aug 19, 2011
- Randstad to focus on pharma, IT - Apr 29, 2011
- India-Korea trade target of 30 billion dollars to be achieved by 2014: Anand Sharma - Jan 20, 2011
- Need better standards in electronics manufacturing: CII - Sep 25, 2011
- Airline Loses The Dog Of A Couple From Canada - May 12, 2010
- Anand Sharma cautions against protectionism - Jan 12, 2012
- Britney Spears, Jason Trawick's romantic trip to Mexico - Dec 06, 2010
- Comments from India Inc. on foreign equity in retail trade - Nov 25, 2011
- G20 nations must help fix infrastructure gaps: Manmohan Singh (Lead) - Nov 12, 2010
- India calls for UN reforms, unrelenting war against terror (Roundup) - Sep 24, 2011
- Odisha wants rollback of FDI decision - Nov 28, 2011
- India, Thailand target $10 billion trade by 2012 - Apr 05, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,