‘Properties of five firms being attached in 2G case’April 27th, 2011 - 6:57 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 27 (IANS) The Enforcement Directorate (ED) Wednesday told the Supreme Court that it had initiated attachment proceedings against five companies in connection with the allotment of second generation (2G) telecom spectrum.
The court was given the information in a sealed envelope.
The apex court bench of Justice G.S. Singhvi and Justice A.K. Ganguly was told that the companies illegally gained Rs.2,000 crore each after the grant of spectrum and licences.
Appearing for the directorate, senior counsel K.K. Venugopal said that some two months will be required to complete the attachment proceedings, since it involved issuance of notices and, in some cases, identification of properties.
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), in its status report, told the court that the central government had issued a notification April 23 appointing U.U. Lalit as special public prosecutor in the 2G scam case.
The probe agency also said that it would require some more time to pursue the leads it was working on.
- ED to attach assets of firms in 2G case (Lead) - Apr 27, 2011
- Senior apex court counsel to lead CBI case in 2G scam - Apr 01, 2011
- Apex court declines plea against Sibal - Jul 11, 2011
- 2G case: CBI asks for two more days to file charges - Mar 29, 2011
- 2G case: CBI seeks two more days to file charges (Lead) - Mar 29, 2011
- CBI to probe Raja associate's death - Apr 01, 2011
- Government reluctant on U. Lalit's appointment in 2G case (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- SC asks govt to appoint Lalit as special public prosecutor in 2G-scam case - Apr 11, 2011
- CBI willing to probe Batcha's death - Apr 01, 2011
- CBI will study Swamy's documents on Chidambaram, court told (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- 'Explain turnaround on Dayanidhi Maran' (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Supreme Court declines plea against Sibal (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- No Maran role in Aircel deal, CBI tells apex court (Lead) - Sep 01, 2011
- Apex court backs Lalit for 2G scam prosecution, order Monday - Apr 08, 2011
- Chidambaram overruled officials on 2G, apex court told - Apr 04, 2012
Tags: allotment, apex, apex court, cbi, central bureau of investigation, central government, court bench, enforcement directorate, ganguly, issuance, lalit, New Delhi, proceedings, public prosecutor, rs 2, scam case, second generation, senior counsel, spectrum, venugopal