Promoters raise stake in Tube InvestmentsJuly 3rd, 2008 - 7:17 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, July 3 (IANS) Promoters of the city-based Murugappa Group have increased their stake in their flagship company, the Rs.17.62-billion Tube Investments of India Ltd (TI), to a controlling 51.64 percent. The recently de-listed group outfit Parry Agro Industries also acquired TI shares in the open market to take its stake to 34.67 percent.
TI is termed as a group within the Murugappa Group with interest in cycles, electric bikes and workout equipment and engineering - cold rolled steel strips, precision tubes, metal products, automotive chains, car door frames and fine blanked products.
“The promoters have increased their stake as they found this to be an opportune time with the markets being down,” a senior group official told IANS.
TI is the second company in which the promoters hold more than 51 percent stake, the other company being Coromandel Fertilisers, where they hold 63.7 percent.
The promoters hold 45.91 percent in EID Parry, 43.06 percent in Carborundum Universal, and 37.47 percent in Cholamandalam DBS.
- Chola MS targets Rs.2,500 crore premium by 2014-15 - Sep 03, 2012
- Murugappa to buy out DBS stake in Chola DBS Finance - Mar 30, 2010
- Murugappa group not to exit insurance business - May 06, 2010
- Murugappa group scouting for overseas acquisition - May 05, 2011
- Murugappa group plans Rs.1,000 capex in 2012-13 - May 10, 2012
- Murugappa group to invest Rs.586 crore this fiscal - May 05, 2009
- Tube Investments to acquire Shanthi Gears for Rs.292 crore - Jul 13, 2012
- Chola DBS to raise Rs.100 cr offering fresh equity - Apr 05, 2010
- Tube Investments of India net down Rs.11.59 crore - Aug 06, 2012
- Murugappa aims $7.7bn growth by 2014 - Sep 08, 2010
- EID Parry takes management control of GMR Industries - Aug 27, 2010
- Murugappa group plans to double turnover in 5 years - Oct 01, 2009
- Award is recognition for team work: M.V. Subbiah - Jan 26, 2012
- EID Parry now bags GMR Industries - Apr 25, 2010
- Insurance regulator slaps Rs.1.5 million fine on IndusInd Bank - Jul 06, 2012
Tags: agro industries, car door, chains, cold rolled steel, dbs, eid, eid parry, electric bikes, fertilisers, flagship company, india ltd, murugappa group, opportune time, percent stake, precision tubes, promoters, rolled steel strips, senior group, tube investments, workout equipment