Profits of China’s major companies slide (Lead)June 29th, 2012 - 2:35 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, June 29 (IANS) Profits of major companies in China hit 390.9 billion yuan ($61.8 billion) in May, down 5.3 percent from the same period last year, the nation’s top statistical authority said Friday.
The profits were also lower than the 407.6 billion yuan level in April, reported Xinhua.
During the first five months, the profits of companies with annual revenues exceeding 20 million yuan each stood at 1.84 trillion yuan, down 2.4 percent year on year, data released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) showed.
State-owned and state-controlled enterprises saw their profits fall 10.8 percent from one year earlier to 560.1 billion yuan in the first five months, while private companies’ profits grew 18.1 percent to 550 billion yuan.
- China's major companies' profits slide - Jun 29, 2012
- China's urban fixed-asset investment up 24.9 percent - Dec 11, 2010
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 - Feb 03, 2012
- China's retail sales up in December - Jan 17, 2012
- China's industrial profit goes up in 2011 (Lead) - Feb 03, 2012
- China's 2011 GDP growth revised upward - Sep 05, 2012
- China's Q1 retail sales up - Apr 13, 2012
- China unveils list of top 500 companies - Sep 04, 2011
- Major Chinese industrial companies' profits drop - Mar 27, 2012
- China's industrial output up 13.3 percent in November - Dec 11, 2010
- Industrial profits growth slows in China - Dec 27, 2011
- China's retail sales up in October - Nov 09, 2011
- Chinese economy expands 9.7 percent in first quarter of 2011 (Lead) - Apr 15, 2011
- China's retail sales up 16.3 percent in Q1 - Apr 15, 2011
- China raises 2009 growth rate to 9.1 percent - Jul 02, 2010