Production at SAIL’s Bhilai Steel Plant dipsApril 10th, 2012 - 6:12 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, April 10 (IANS) Production at the public sector Bhilai Steel Plant dipped in the 2011-12 fiscal from the previous financial year, the management said Tuesday, blaming the aging coke oven batteries for the fall.
“The health of some aging coke oven batteries posed a big challenge from early on in the year, affecting coke production and gas availability for the reheating furnaces of the mills,” it said in a statement.
The flagship unit of Steel Authority of India Ltd (SAIL)
located in Durg district, some 30 km west of Chhattisgarh capital Raipur, produced 5.13 million tonnes (MT) of hot metal, 4.90 MT of crude steel and 4.29 MT of saleable steel in the just ended financial year.
The plant had in fiscal 2010-11 had posted a record production of 5.71 MT of hot metal, 5.33 MT crude steel and 4.57 MT of saleable steel. It was expected that the plant would further consolidate its production in year 2011-12 but the production dipped.
- Bhilai plant produced 5.37 m tonnes hot metal in 2009-10 - Apr 03, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever performance - Jan 03, 2010
- SAIL's Bhilai unit records best ever Q-1 output - Jul 02, 2010
- Fire breaks out at SAIL Chhattisgarh unit, production affected (Lead) - Feb 01, 2010
- SAIL Bhilai unit set to return to normal production - Feb 09, 2010
- Rourkela steel plant records best production in Q1 - Jul 02, 2012
- Bhilai Steel Plant targets 5.8 mn tonnes annual output - Jun 16, 2009
- Bhilai Steel gets iron ore mining rights in Chhattisgarh - Oct 28, 2009
- Bhilai Steel Plant achieves highest production so far - Apr 03, 2009
- Bhilai Steel Plant faces severe water crisis - Oct 06, 2009
- Larsen and Toubro bags Rs.1,610 orders in Q1 - Jun 24, 2011
- RSP achieves best-ever saleable steel production - Oct 03, 2011
- Rourkela Steel sees best-ever performance - Sep 02, 2011
- Bhilai steel plant to set up two oxygen units - Mar 29, 2010
- Bhilai plant wins trophy for best steel unit - Nov 13, 2009
Tags: bhilai steel plant, chhattisgarh, coke oven, coke production, crude steel, dips, gas availability, Health Science, hot metal, oven batteries, public sector, reheating furnaces, steel authority of india ltd