Problems of Bengal small/medium industries being probed: MinisterJuly 11th, 2011 - 10:22 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 11 (IANS) West Bengal Micro and Small Scale Enterprises and Textiles Minister Manas Bhunia Monday said a committee has been set up in his department to identify deficiencies which are being faced by the micro, small and medium enterprises (MSME) sector in the state.
“I have set up a committee to know what are the deficiencies in MSME sector in West Bengal. I expect within the next 15 to 20 days I will get the report,” he said while speaking on “MSMEs - Growth Engine of West Bengal Economy”, at a function organised by the Bengal National Chamber of Commerce and Industry (BNCCI) here.
“After discussion with senior officials I can give you the actual picture at district and block levels,” he said.
Stating that he instructed officials in his department that any neglect regarding setting up new MSME units will not be tolerated, the minister said: “Entrepreneurs who are harassed by officials can write letters to me. I will take appropriate action.”
Bhunia urged banks in the state to come forward and provide financial support to MSME sector.
“Credit-deposit ratio is low in our state. It should be raised. I talked to union Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee in this regard,” he said.
Growth of MSME sector was a major factor for resolving the problem of unemployment, Bhunia said adding that the new government will work for entrepreneurs.
- Bengal favours credit cards for MSMEs - Sep 14, 2011
- Bengal to form MSME panel - Jan 19, 2012
- Government approves mandatory procurement policy from SMEs - Nov 01, 2011
- West Bengal plans textile policy review - Jul 23, 2011
- Bengal wants uniform credit card for MSME sector - Nov 03, 2011
- Banks urged to launch uniform credit card for MSME sector - Nov 04, 2011
- Virbhadra Singh meets Mozambique Trade Minister - Mar 30, 2011
- New plan to help unregistered MSMEs: FISME - May 16, 2012
- New textile policy for Bengal soon - Sep 14, 2011
- 'Rate hikes playing havoc with SMEs' - Oct 25, 2011
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- Bengal's credit-deposit ratio to surpass national average: Mitra - Sep 17, 2012
- Small and medium industries complain of neglect in UP - Feb 06, 2012
- South African Minister Thabathe calls on Virbhadra Singh - Mar 28, 2011
- MSMEs play a pivotal role in nation's development: Virbhadra Singh - Apr 06, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,