Private fund managers for $60 bn provident fund (Lead)July 29th, 2008 - 9:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 29 (IANS) The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) Tuesday selected three private fund managers, along with India’s largest commercial bank, to manage its corpus of Rs.240,000 crore (Rs.2,400 billion or $60 billion). “Around Rs.30,000 crore (Rs.300 billion) will be available as incremental accretion to these fund managers each year,” labour and employment secretary Sudha Pillai told reporters after the decision to engage private fund mangers for EFPO money.
Exuding confidence that the decision would have a positive impact on funds management, Pillai, also a member of the EPFO’s Central Board of Trustees (CBT), said: “Now funds will be better and professionally managed.”
The organisation’s trustees selected the asset management companies of HSBC, ICICI Prudential and Reliance Capital, along with that of the State Bank of India (SBI), to manage the fund that has 44 million members.
The finance and investment committee (FIC) of the organisation’s trustees earlier recommended the three private players as fund managers after they were found to be the lowest bidders, officials said.
EFPO invited bids in April from private fund managers to take care of its assets, a task so far singularly done by the state-owned SBI.
An official press communiqu
- Private fund managers for $60 bn provident fund - Jul 29, 2008
- Employees Provident Fund approves Reliance-Nippon stake deal - Aug 07, 2012
- PF returns at 8.5 percent for sixth year in row - Feb 28, 2010
- Employee provident fund raised to 9.5 percent - Sep 15, 2010
- Invest 5 percent of provident fund in equities: Assocham - Oct 04, 2009
- Labour Minister Kharge chairs 193rd central board of trustees meeting - Mar 30, 2011
- SBI sets infrastructure credit limit at Rs.1 tn - Feb 11, 2011
- SBI stock plunges on talk of loan to Kingfisher - Feb 22, 2012
- EPFO meeting to decide rate of interest on PF today - Jul 04, 2009
- Reliance Capital gets regulator's nod to sell stakes to Nippon Life - Jun 13, 2012
- EPFO retains 8.5percent on PF for current fiscal - Jul 04, 2009
- Reliance Mutual ranks No.1 in profitability - Oct 04, 2011
- EPFO defers decision on PF interest rate - Apr 09, 2010
- SBI mulls reduced interest rates for small, medium enterprises - May 29, 2012
- Trustee charges HSBC with funnelling disgraced Ponzi King Madoff's massive fraud - Dec 06, 2010
Tags: asset management companies, bank of india, birla sun life, employees provident fund, employees provident fund organisation, employment secretary, epfo, fund managers, fund mangers, hdfc, icici prudential, investment committee, lowest bidders, ministry of labour, pillai, private fund, private players, professional agency, reliance capital, state bank of india