Price rise: Court issues notice to Sonia GandhiJanuary 19th, 2011 - 7:05 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 19 (IANS) Congress president and United Progressive Alliance (UPA) chairperson Sonia Gandhi was Wednesday issued notice by a local court on a petition filed by a city-based NGO over the issue of price rise. Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate Anshul Berry issued a notice and fixed April 7 as the next date of hearing in the case.
“The UPA government is directly responsibly for the price hike because they are at the helm position in the country. Besides, the common man is getting harassed for the last many months and his right to life has been badly hit by this,” petitioner Arvind Thakur, a lawyer and chairman of NGO Global Human Rights Council (GHRC), told IANS.
“The UPA is not doing anything to control this situation,” he said.
“We have filed a petition against Sonia Gandhi because her (Congress) party’s policies are responsible for this glitch. Taking cognizance of the petition, the court has issued a notice to Sonia,” he added.
- Court summons for Preity Zinta on IPL ads - Mar 22, 2010
- Preity Zinta 'avoids' court summons - Mar 24, 2010
- Dump plea against me, Rahul Gandhi urges SC (Lead) - Jul 06, 2012
- Chandigarh court summons Rahul Gandhi, Arundhati Roy - Oct 29, 2010
- Court moved over 'anti-India' speech by Kashmiri separatist - Nov 27, 2010
- NGO moves apex court on speedy disposal of mercy pleas - Jul 07, 2011
- Activist seeks action against Rahul Gandhi, Arundhati Roy - Oct 28, 2010
- Apex court seeks timely disposal of mercy petitions - Jul 06, 2011
- Punjab Police asked to submit report on women cells' working - Aug 01, 2009
- NGO moves human rights commission against Preity Zinta - Mar 25, 2010
- Varun Gandhi gets apex court notice for poll speeches - Dec 02, 2011
- Court notice to Rahul Gandhi on 'missing' woman - Mar 02, 2011
- Friends, foes alike attack petrol hike, PM defends decontrol - Nov 05, 2011
- Court notice to Delhi over right to education (Lead) - Oct 19, 2011
- Government, 11 telecom firms get court notice on 2G spectrum (Roundup) - Jan 10, 2011
Tags: arvind, chairperson, chandigarh, cognizance, common man, congress party, congress president, ghrc, glitch, global human rights, helm position, jan 19, judicial magistrate, local court, petitioner, price hike, progressive alliance, right to life, sonia gandhi, UPA