President to chair governors’ panel meetDecember 14th, 2011 - 9:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 14 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil will Thursday chair a meeting of the committee of governors on rainfed farming, which will discuss policies for promotion of dryland farming and agriculutre and ways to enhance farm productivity.
According to an official press release, the meeting will also discuss knowledge-based agricultre, animal husbandry, prospects of food-processing industry in rainfed areas, convergence of programmes through panchayati raj institutions, efficient use of water resources and policy initiatives for farmer industry partnership.
The meeting is a follow up of the conference of governors held in October at which the president had announced formation of a committee of governors to look into the issues of enhancing productivity, profitability, sustainability and competitiveness of the agriculture sector with special reference to rainfed area farming.
The meeting will also be attended by senior officials from National Rainfed Area Authority and departments of agriculture, animal husbandry, dairying and fisheries, food and public distribution, panchayati raj, water resources, corporate affairs, public enterprises and forward market commission.
- Rainfed-dryland farming needs more investment (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Fodder shortage may hit milk production: Pawar - Jul 18, 2012
- Food grain production could hit record 250 mn tonnes: PM (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012
- Record 250 mn tonnes food grain production in 2012-13: PM - Feb 15, 2012
- Patil's goodbye wish: A 'corruption-free India' - Jul 24, 2012
- Need to integrate agriculture with other sectors: President - Nov 09, 2011
- Second green revolution needed for food security: President - Aug 06, 2011
- Zero tolerance for terror, preventive action against graft: President - Oct 29, 2011
- All time record in farm production: PM - Feb 20, 2012
- Increasing farm productivity key to food security: Thomas - Sep 15, 2011
- South Korea, China, Japan sign food security pact - Apr 16, 2012
- Patil urges regular review of agricultural sector - Dec 15, 2011
- Revive agriculture urgently, says president's aide - Feb 16, 2012
- Karnataka backs organic farming to reduce fertiliser use - Feb 25, 2010
- Karnataka farmers to protest against agri-summit - Dec 01, 2011
Tags: agriculture animal, agriculture sector, animal husbandry, competitiveness, corporate affairs, dairying, departments of agriculture, efficient use, farm productivity, fisheries, food processing, forward market, industry partnership, panchayati raj institutions, policy initiatives, president pratibha patil, public distribution, rainfed areas, senior officials, water resources