President inaugurates Jalgaon airportMarch 23rd, 2012 - 10:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jalgaon (Maharashtra), March 23 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil Friday inaugurated the Jalgaon airport in north Maharashtra, as well as the second phase work of the airport to extend its airstrip for accommodating landing and take-off of bigger airplanes.
“Jalgaon is an important centre of northern Maharashtra. If you look at the city, you will see a fast progressing place. The presence of ample manpower and infrastructure can attract many a company. This will lead to generation of jobs and the existing businesses can get a move on,” Patil said after the inauguration.
Jalgaon airport’s foundation stone was first laid on Nov 18, 1971 and later again on May 18, 1973. It was then acquired by the municipal council on April 4, 1997. It was then shifted to state airport development company on April 23, 2007.
This was followed by its acquisition by the Airports Authority of India July 28, 2009 to boost the development.
Patil had laid the foundation stone for the airport work on June 13, 2010.
Air India and Jet Airways are amongst front-runner airlines to take survey of Jalgaon airport commercial aspects to start their flights post-inauguration.
Jalgaon Airport has working area, terminal building and car parking areas having water conservation and harvesting mechanism, focuses more use of solar energy with automated battery backup system, has green zone developed in airport periphery to ease airplanes landing, and take-off noise factor.
The airport passenger area has fully air-conditioned waiting room for 50 passengers, reserved lounge, public addressing system and dedicated electricity supplies with 50 car parking bay. It has two ATR airplane parking and apron area and latest aircraft operations system installed.
Jalgaon is over 400 km from Mumbai.
- President lays foundation stone for Jalgaon airport - Jun 13, 2010
- AI aircraft maintenance facility to be commissioned Friday - Dec 14, 2011
- Microsoft co-founder announces space-travel venture - Dec 14, 2011
- Patil urges Manipuris to maintain harmony for nation's progress - Mar 11, 2011
- Bengal parties on foundation stone-laying, inauguration spree - Feb 27, 2011
- Atlanta declared most efficient airport in North America, world - Jul 23, 2010
- PM lays foundation stone for Tirupati international airport - Sep 01, 2010
- BPCL to set up refuelling facility at Shillong airport - Sep 05, 2012
- Now valet parking at Terminal-3 of Delhi airport - Nov 16, 2011
- Crash paralyses Mangalore airport - May 22, 2010
- Foundation stone for Kannur airport to be laid Dec 17 - Nov 20, 2010
- Pranab lays foundation for financial city near Bangalore - Apr 08, 2012
- Kerala wants PM to inaugurate airport terminal, not Ravi - Jul 01, 2010
- Honoured by Magsaysay Award: Nileema Mishra - Jul 27, 2011
- 31 die, 12 survive in Russian plane crash (Second Lead) - Apr 02, 2012
Tags: addressing system, air india, aircraft operations, airports authority of india, airstrip, battery backup system, car parking, commercial aspects, electricity supplies, foundation stone, green zone, jalgaon, jet airways, noise factor, north maharashtra, operations system, phase work, president pratibha patil, use of solar energy, waiting room