President enrolls into National Population RegisterJuly 6th, 2012 - 4:50 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 6 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil was Friday enrolled under the National Population Register (NPR) at Rashtrapati Bhavan, an official statement said.
Speaking after her biometric enrollment, the president appealed to all citizens to come forward and enroll in the NPR.
Union Home Secretary R.K. Singh and Census Commissioner of India Dr. C.Chandramouli were present during the enrollment process.
NPR is a flagship scheme to create a population register of all citizens of India with their details and biometric, giving them a unique identity number.
- You are being counted... for your benefit - Apr 01, 2010
- Census-2011 to cover illegal immigrants too - Feb 02, 2011
- Sonia Gandhi enumerated for the Population Census 2011 - Apr 10, 2010
- India begins 1.2 billion population headcount (Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- Both home ministry, UIDAI to gather data, cabinet decides - Jun 07, 2012
- India begins headcount of its 1.2 billion population (Intro Roundup) - Feb 09, 2011
- Compromise reached on Unique ID project row - Jan 27, 2012
- Chidambaram gives out smart ID cards in Andamans - Jan 22, 2012
- Maoists preventing census operation in Chhattisgarh - May 02, 2010
- Cabinet clears creation of National Population Register - Mar 19, 2010
- India embarks on headcount exercise April 1 - Mar 30, 2010
- Compromise reached on Unique ID project row (Lead) - Jan 27, 2012
- Uproar in Lok Sabha over caste-based census (Lead) - Aug 12, 2010
- 2011 population census begins April 1 - Mar 31, 2010
- Vice President Ansari enumerated for second phase of Census 2011 - Feb 09, 2011