President arrives in CambodiaSeptember 13th, 2010 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Phnom Penh, Sep 13 (IANS) Reaffirming India’s ‘Look East’ policy and seeking to enhance ties with ASEAN countries, Indian President Pratibha Patil arrived here Monday on a six-day visit to Cambodia.
Patil was welcomed by Kong Sam Ol, deputy prime minister and minister of the Royal Palace of the Kingdom of Cambodia at the Phnom Penh International Airport.
Tuesday, Patil will be received in Royal Audience by King Norodom Sihamoni at the Royal Palace. She will also receive courtesy calls by Senate President Chea Sim, National Assembly President Heng Samrin and Prime Minister Hun Sen, Xinhua reported citing an official statement.
Patil and Hun Sen will preside over the signing ceremony of two documents, including a Memorandum of Understanding for Cooperation between the National Auditing Authority of Cambodia and the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
The two leaders will also sign an agreement for Stung Tasal Water Resource Development Project (Phase 2) between Cambodian government and the Export-Import Bank of India.
Besides presiding over a ceremony for Mekong-Ganga Cooperation (MGC) Asian Traditional Textiles Museum, Patil is expected to discuss with officials here topics including anti-terrorism cooperation, foreign investment and infrastructure development projects.
She will encourage the delegation of 40 businessmen accompanying her to take advantage of “mutually advantageous opportunities”.
Patil is also slated to visit the popular Angkor Wat temples.
- Patil arrives in Cambodia to boost ties (Lead) - Sep 13, 2010
- Oil, gas, mineral, exploration potential with Cambodia huge: Patil - Sep 18, 2010
- President Patil receives traditional welcome in Cambodia - Sep 14, 2010
- Traditional welcome given to President Patil in Siem Reap - Sep 16, 2010
- Prez Patil meets Cambodian PM, India extends 15 million dollar credit - Sep 14, 2010
- President Patil arrives in Cambodia after ending successful visit to Lao - Sep 13, 2010
- Patil heads to Laos, Cambodia - Sep 07, 2010
- President Patil to visit Laos and Cambodia - Sep 07, 2010
- India to help Cambodia to build human resources - Sep 14, 2010
- India for cooperation and competition with China - Sep 08, 2010
- President leaves for Laos, Cambodia on Thursday to advance India's Look East policy - Sep 08, 2010
- Tunes composed by Cambodian King's dad, Bollywood songs welcome President Patil - Sep 15, 2010
- India to set up chair for Buddhist studies in Cambodia - Jul 04, 2011
- President Patil asks PIO and NRIs to project correct image of India - Sep 13, 2010
- President Patil leaves for Laos, Cambodia to further advance India's Look East policy - Sep 09, 2010
Tags: angkor wat, angkor wat temples, asean countries, cambodia phnom penh, chea sim, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, courtesy calls, export import bank, export import bank of india, heng samrin, infrastructure development projects, king norodom sihamoni, kingdom of cambodia, norodom sihamoni, president pratibha patil, resource development project, royal audience, traditional textiles, water resource development