Preeti Ghai’s new collection, a fusion of tradition, trends (With Images)May 15th, 2011 - 6:29 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 15 (IANS) Looking for unconventional designs for your trousseau? Try designer Preeti Ghai’s newly-launched collection that has interesting outfits like sari-cum-lehngas, cocktail gowns, rich flowy anarkalis and Barbie doll gowns in hues like coral, purple and sky blue. And she has used her trademark Swarovski stones to embellish them.
“For today’s women, carrying tradition with trends is the driving force to boost their confidence levels and it also establishes their strong stand in the society. Therefore, my every creation has an attitude with intrinsic aesthetic value. Each outfit in the studio carries a message and a memory,” Ghai told IANS.
Preeti’s new collection is embellished with Swarovski crystals and applique. She has given a new twist by using embroidery placements and cuts in a sophisticated manner.
“The garment is meant for a special occasion, so it should be luxurious and feminine. The sari-cum-lehngas, cocktail gowns, rich flowy anarkalis and Barbie-doll gowns will be an amalgamation of style and glamour,” Ghai added.
The colour palette revolves around coral, purple, sky blue, light mango and wine colours keeping in mind the summer season.
“Multi-layered and many-textured, the range captures today’s contemporary bride expressed in an alchemy of colours and abundance of quality. The whole collection is a paraphernalia of beautiful fabrics like traditional banarsi, net, georgette and imported lace,” Ghai said.
Her journey into the creative world was not planned. Ghai, who comes from a family of professionals, was interested in designing clothes and soon after graduating, started translating her thoughts into traditional-modern designs and received compliments from the designer fraternity and fashionistas.
Overwhelmed by the encouraging response and support of her family and friends, she decided to formally place herself in the world of fashion and that’s how Amyra by Preeti Ghai was born.
She is known for her wedding trousseaus and hi-end designs as the designer feels this was the need of the hour.
“The wedding trousseau is fast shaping up to catch up with the cosmopolitan brides. Keeping this in mind, I always use the silhouettes and fabrics that best flatter the Indian brides such as silks, brocades, digitalprints, velvet, gorgette, French fabrics and chiffons. Swarovski stones are my favourite embellishment for the brides to be,” she said.
Embroidery is the high point of her collection. She ensures that every piece designed by her is exceptional. The tiniest of detailing does not miss her eye when she combines colour, form, fit and silhouette.
One can get her wedding collection at her outlet Amyra in MGF Metropolitan Saket. She refused to reveal the price, which is available only on request.
- Pre-bridal outfits on Preeti Ghai's shelf - Aug 24, 2011
- Pam pays tribute to modern women with spring-summer collection (With Image) - Mar 06, 2012
- A range of styles for your bridal attire - Oct 06, 2011
- Pam Mehta offers Floral Fiesta (With Images) - Jan 11, 2012
- Winter of discontent for brides? No way, say designers (With Images) - Jan 03, 2012
- Pakistan designer styles Kashmiri embroidery for bridal wear (With Images) - Dec 21, 2011
- Designers Riimple-Mayyur revive Mughal, Victorian era - Mar 08, 2012
- Parna Ghose goes to NY Couture Fashion Week - Sep 06, 2012
- It's fun designing Genelia's wedding trousseau: Ritu Kumar (With Images) - Feb 01, 2012
- Ritika Bhasin offers multi-purpose trousseau (With Images) - Feb 04, 2012
- Jumpsuit-cum-gharara, craftsmanship ruled Pakistan bridal week - Dec 22, 2011
- Why not marry in your mom's wedding sari? - Mar 26, 2011
- Bollywood tunes set mood at Pakistan Bridal Week - Dec 19, 2011
- Kolkatta, Paris, Jaipur inspire Preeti Kapoor's designs (With images) - Aug 19, 2011
- Shabana NGO's women create Anita Dongre's LFW collection - Aug 18, 2011
Tags: aesthetic value, amalgamation, barbie doll, beautiful fabrics, cocktail gowns, colour palette, confidence levels, creative world, designing clothes, fashionistas, georgette, ghai, new twist, preeti, purple sky, sky blue, sophisticated manner, swarovski crystals, trousseau, world of fashion