Pre-paid Airtel customers to get detailed bills nowFebruary 13th, 2012 - 10:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) Following the Indian telecom regulator’s instructions, Bharti Airtel Monday launched an online self-care service to provide its pre-paid mobile customers details of their account including bills.
The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) had last month asked operators to ensure that subscribers are informed every time an amount is deducted from their account for different services adding that they should be provided a detailed bill for a price not exceeding Rs.50.
The operators were given a deadline of 45 days.
“‘Prepaid My Account’ is a simple, secure and convenient way for Airtel prepaid mobile customers to access a whole host of functionalities including checking balance, recharging, starting or stopping VAS services (value added services) etc,” Airtel, the first firm to come up with this service, said in a statement.
“Airtel prepaid mobile customers can visit the new self care website to receive and activate customized offers on ‘My Airtel, My Offer’ (MAMO), view tariff and top up options, request for the itemized bill and more,” it added.
Customers can also view last 5 recharge details.
So far, there was no regulatory guideline to provide pre-paid customers itemised bills who had no record of their calls and other services.
- Keep consumers in loop on charges: Telecom regular - Jan 06, 2012
- Customers to pay Rs.1 more on every mobile recharge above Rs.20 - Apr 19, 2012
- TRAI asks operators to offer per second-billing plan (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 20, 2012
- Operators must offer calls at 1 paisa per second plan: TRAI - Apr 20, 2012
- Airtel slashes 3G data tariff by 70 percent - May 17, 2012
- TRAI relief on unwanted value-added services - Jul 05, 2011
- Prepaid mobile recharges stalled in Kashmir - Feb 16, 2012
- TRAI issues notices to operators for violating norms - Aug 17, 2011
- Airtel launches m-Commerce service on voice platform - Aug 26, 2009
- Customer is the gainer with mobile number portability - Mar 13, 2011
- Kashmir police withdraw order on prepaid mobile recharges - Feb 17, 2012
- Airtel ropes in Infosys for mobile wallet service - Feb 27, 2012
- Mobile number portability not much of a hit - Dec 04, 2011
- Power for Maharashtra - tourist town gets pre-paid meters - Apr 07, 2011
- No hike in tariff: MTNL - Aug 03, 2011
Tags: airtel, different services, indian telecom, mobile customers, New Delhi, self care, subscribers, tariff, telecom regulator, telecom regulatory authority, telecom regulatory authority of india, trai, value added services