Pranab Mukherjee to meet heads of public sector banks todayJune 10th, 2009 - 12:31 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, June 10 (ANI): Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee will meet heads of public sector banks today.
Issues like review of interest rates of banks, credit growth and agriculture loans will be discussed during the meeting.
The Finance Ministry has been meeting bankers regularly using moral suasion to get them to cut rates.
The meeting will also take a look at infrastructure lending, capital adequacy over medium term and housing and education loans.
The meeting will also assess the impact of the three stimulus packages announced by the last UPA Government.
This will be Mukherjee’s first meeting with the bankers after the UPA form government at the Centre. (ANI)
- Pranab to review banks' performance - Jul 07, 2011
- Mukherjee to meet chiefs of public sector banks today - Aug 14, 2010
- Don't delay infrastructure, Pranab tells western states - Sep 17, 2011
- RBI will adjust monetary policy to spur growth: Pranab (Roundup) - Jun 16, 2012
- Biggest challenge before nation is to ensure inclusive growth: Mukherjee - Mar 12, 2011
- Mukherjee to inaugurate Financial Commissioners, Finance Secretaries Conference - Oct 29, 2010
- Pranab Mukherjee asks state governments and banks to improve credit flow - Jun 28, 2010
- Himachal asks banks to invest in infrastructural financing - Jun 08, 2012
- Mukherjee to meet Bank CEOs on Monday - Feb 01, 2009
- Use incentives to build affordable housing: Minister - Feb 28, 2011
- Public sector firms join hands for infrastructure financing - Sep 17, 2011
- India's central bank frees more money for credit - Mar 09, 2012
- Soaring prices prompt India's central bank to hike key rates (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2011
- Price stability needed to sustain growth: Pranab - Jun 16, 2011
- Loans set to pinch more as central bank hikes interest rates (Roundup) - Jul 26, 2011
Tags: agriculture loans, capital adequacy, education loans, finance minister, finance ministry, first meeting, infrastructure, interest rates, medium term, moral suasion, New Delhi, pranab mukherjee, public sector banks, stimulus