Prakash Telang new managing director of Tata MotorsMay 29th, 2009 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 29 (IANS) Auto major Tata Motors has appointed Prakash M. Telang as its managing director, while the incumbent Ravi Kant will continue as non-executive vice chairman, the company said Friday.
Telang, an Indian Institute of Management (IIM)-Ahmedabad alumnus, is currently the executive director of Tata Motors’ commercial vehicle business and will take charge June 2.
“The present managing director of the company will retire from his executive position on June 1 on reaching the retirement age of 65 years as per the company’s policy,” Tata Motors said in a regulatory statement.
Kant, who joined the company in 1999, has also served as the executive director of Tata Motors’ commercial vehicle business. He has also headed the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) in 2007-08.
- Tata Motor appoints Karl Slym as managing director - Aug 14, 2012
- Tata Motors launch Manza, Prima in South Africa - Oct 07, 2011
- Tata Motors considering Nano assembly plant abroad - Aug 02, 2011
- Tata Motors operationalises Karnataka plant - Jun 06, 2012
- Tata Motors unveils Safari variant, concept cars - Jan 05, 2012
- Tata Motors to launch light commercial vehicle - Aug 28, 2009
- SIAM hopes auto sales will pick up from mid-September - Sep 02, 2011
- Tata Sons denies management restructuring in group companies - Apr 27, 2012
- Tata Motors unveils assembly plant in South Africa - Jul 22, 2011
- In a subdued auto market, Asian companies log growth in July (Roundup) - Aug 01, 2012
- Tata may source auto parts from Bangladesh - Mar 29, 2010
- Maruti Suzuki unviels compact SUV - Jan 05, 2012
- Tata Motors Global CEO steps down - Sep 09, 2011
- Tata Motor's launches Aria 4x2 - Aug 02, 2011
- Tata Motors stock falls 6 percent after chief executive quits - Sep 12, 2011
Tags: alumnus, executive director, executive position, executive vice, incumbent, indian automobile manufacturers, indian institute of management, institute of management, kant, managing director, mumbai, ravi, retirement age, siam, tata motors, vehicle business, vice chairman