‘Power To Empower’ contest aims to sharpen entrepreneurial skillsSeptember 13th, 2012 - 8:37 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 13 (IANS) National Skills Development Corporation (NSDC) and India@75, a grassroots initiative of CII, Thursday launched the second phase of Power To Empower, a competition aimed at helping aspiring entrepreneurs and young students realize their entrepreneurial dreams in the sector of skills.
Indians from all walks of life who have an idea or business plan in skills development have until September 25th to file their entries online on the official website www.powertoempower.in.
Winners will be chosen for both the Ideas Stage as well as the Business Plan Stage. Winning entries towards final stages will receive mentorship towards building their idea with the final winner receiving incubator funding to accelerate their business.
Commenting on the invitation for public entry to the initiative, Dilip Chenoy, Managing Director and CEO of the National Skill Development Corporation, said: “Power To Empower is a great way of contributing in the objective of NSDC which is skilling 150 million people in India by 2022 by fostering private sector investment and initiatives in training and skill development in 20 high growth sectors as well as the unorganized segment.”
Bhairavi Jani, Executive Director of India@75 said: “Power To Empower is aimed at creating an entrepreneurial environment by inspiring budding entrepreneurs and students to realize their own potential and contribute to skill development in India.”
The winners of this year’s Idea Stage will be announced in October.
This year’s competition marks a considerable change in format of the competition from last year, where students from selected premier colleges participated. This year, however, Power To Empower competition targets a larger group of students and young entrepreneurs, including housewives.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has set an ambitious target of creating a 500 million globally employable workforce by 2022.
“India@75 and NSDC have collaborated on this initiative to help contribute to this target, which represents a challenge, but at the same time a huge business opportunity,” a statement said.
- President Patil felicitates Roshni logo contest winner (With image) - Jun 05, 2012
- Rashtrapati Bhavan's green initiative to get new logo - May 27, 2012
- Coming up, 100 more skill development centres - May 25, 2012
- Declare 2012 as year of 'Proud to be Skilled Indian' (Comment) - Dec 25, 2011
- JGI Ventures to groom entrepreneurs with Rs.500 crore fund - Apr 06, 2011
- Fruits of growing Indian economy not being enjoyed by all: Mukherjee - Apr 08, 2011
- Dubai launches Facebook contest for entrepreneurs - Jun 19, 2012
- '14 million job seekers to move out of northeast by 2021' - Jan 23, 2012
- India plans to create 150 mn skilled workforce by 2022 - Sep 20, 2010
- Pranab Mukherjee to launch National Skill Development Corporation - Oct 19, 2009
- Pranab Mukherjee to launch National Skill Development Corporation today - Oct 20, 2009
- Rashtrapati Bhavan green initiative gets new logo (With image) - May 30, 2012
- Expanding circle of influence: Importance of mentoring in the business world (Comment) - Aug 12, 2012
- Women entrepreneurs in gems and jewellery face many bottlenecks - Jul 22, 2012
- Businesses need to cater real customer needs: Expert - Jun 04, 2011
Tags: ambitious target, aspiring entrepreneurs, business plan, cii, entrepreneurial environment, entrepreneurial skills, grassroots initiative, growth sectors, housewives, manmohan, manmohan singh, nsdc, plan stage, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, private sector investment, second phase, skill development, walks of life, young entrepreneurs