Power tariff in Tamil Nadu goes upMarch 30th, 2012 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, March 30 (IANS) Tamil Nadu Friday further turned costlier to live in for all sections of the people with an average 37 percent increase power tariff effective Saturday.
The revised power tariff was announced by the Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission (TNERC) and would fetch the Tamil Nadu Generation and Distribution Corporation Ltd (TANGEDCO) an additional revenue of around Rs.7,874 crore, enabling it comes out of red next fiscal.
As per the revised tariff, rates for high tension (HT) consumers went up by around 25 percent and for low tension consumers by around 45 percent.
The rates for domestic consumers have been increased to Rs.2.60 per unit upto 100 units for bi-monthly consumption. The state government would provide a subsidy of Rs.1.50 per unit.
For households consuming 100-200 units bi-monthly, the rate is Rs.2.80 per unit of which the subsidy from the state will be Re.1.
For those households consuming upto 500 units for two months. the rate per unit upto 200 units is Rs.3 and above that, it will be Rs.4 per unit.
The state power regulator has allowed a fixed charge ranging between Rs.10 and Rs.20 depending on the usage slab. However, the monthly minimum charges has been abolished.
- Power tariff hiked in Tamil Nadu - Jul 31, 2010
- Validity of tariff order for wind plants extended - Jun 30, 2012
- Windmill makers in Tamil Nadu accused of opaque pricing - Jun 15, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power units to raise Rs.11,000 crore - Mar 12, 2012
- 'Tamil Nadu power corp wrong on wind power banking loss' - Jun 22, 2012
- Power tariff hike is inflationary: Jayalalithaa - Aug 02, 2010
- Sheila Dikshit calls power tariff hike 'inevitable' - Jul 02, 2012
- Power tariff hike inevitable: Sheila Dikshit (Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- Tamil Nadu power generator to float tenders for two power projects - Jan 30, 2012
- Power cuts, power holidays for Tamil Nadu - Feb 26, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Your power bill goes up as tariff hiked in Delhi - Aug 26, 2011
- Power will be a bit cheaper in Haryana from July 1 - Jun 23, 2010
- Tripura gives 12 percent subsidy on power tariff - Apr 03, 2012
- Consumers cry foul over power tariff hike in Delhi - Jul 05, 2012
Tags: consumption, corporation ltd, distribution corporation, domestic consumers, electricity regulatory commission, high tension, households, minimum charges, power regulator, power tariff, rs 1, rs 2, slab, state government, subsidy, tariff rates, tnerc