Power supply restored in HimachalJuly 31st, 2012 - 7:59 pm ICT by IANS
Shimla, July 31 (IANS) Power supply was restored in Himachal Pradesh Tuesday evening after a more than five-hour disruption owing to the failure of the Northern Grid, an official said.
“Now there is a normal power supply in the entire state and power generation in all our hydropower projects has resumed,” a state electricity board official told IANS here.
The electricity was restored around 5 p.m. but there was frequent tripping and power failures. It took than one hour to be normalised in the entire state.
Meanwhile, power generation in all hydropower projects that came to a halt due to failure of the grid was also normalised.
“The plant has again started generating electricity,” said V.K. Verma, deputy general manager of Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd that operates the 1,500 MW Nathpa-Jhakri project in Kinnaur district.
The state-run Himachal Pradesh State Electricity Board has 21 hydro-power projects across the state with a combined optimum generation capacity of 8.5 million energy units a day.
- Hydropower generation resumes in Himachal - Jul 30, 2012
- Himachal's hydropower plants shut, power shortage in north (Lead) - Aug 21, 2012
- Rising silt keeps Himachal hydropower plants shut - Aug 21, 2012
- SJVNL's second plant to start power generation in December - Jul 25, 2012
- SJVNL declares Rs.388.84 crore dividend - Sep 04, 2012
- Record generation by Himachal hydropower unit - Jun 05, 2010
- Himachal hydropower generation hit by extreme cold - Jan 22, 2012
- Himachal hydropower plants remain shut for third day - Aug 22, 2012
- Himachal hydro projects resume power generation - Aug 03, 2012
- Chill freezes Himachal's hydropower generation - Oct 14, 2011
- SJVNL declares Rs.333.9 crore dividend - Sep 13, 2011
- SJVNL achieves record power generation - Oct 09, 2011
- Himachal remains 'power-full' after bountiful monsoon - Dec 18, 2010
- Second SJVNL hydro project to be commissioned by 2013 - Feb 08, 2011
- Himachal hydropower projects shut, north India hit - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: 5 million, disruption, energy units, failure, generating electricity, generation capacity, himachal pradesh, hydro power projects, hydropower projects, jal, nigam ltd, northern grid, power failures, power generation, power supply, shimla, state electricity board, tuesday evening, v k verma, vidyut