Power supply hit in north IndiaJuly 30th, 2012 - 11:53 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 30 (IANS) Power supply in seven states across north India was hit early Monday following a breakdown in the Northern Grid, an official said.
Apart from Delhi, supply in Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Jammu and Kashmir were disrupted.
“Power supply has been disrupted in seven states from 2.32 a.m. It has been partially affected in Delhi and Rajasthan. We are in the process of restoring the supply,” V.V. Sharma, general manager of Power System Operation Corporation Limited, told IANS.
According to the Power System Operation Corp Ltd, the exact reasons for the grid failure are being ascertained.
“The trouble resulted in power outage in the entire northern region, but for parts of Badarpur in south Delhi, Narora and Simbhauli in Uttar Pradesh and Bhinma in Rajasthan,” a statement said.
The company, a subsidiary of the state-run Power Grid Corporation of India, which manages the grid, said effort was underway to seek supplies from the eastern and the western regions, even as power to the railway system had been partially restored.
“The restoration of the grid may take a few more hours. The engineers have been trying to restore it since early morning. We are giving first priority to public services like hospitals and transport,” Sharma added.
As a result of the power failure, Delhi Metro services were disrupted for more than two hours Monday.
- 60 percent supply restored after major power breakdown - Jul 30, 2012
- Delhi blames neighbouring states for power crisis (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- 80 percent power restored in Delhi - Jul 30, 2012
- Power trip hits seven states, millions suffer (Afternoon Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Power trip in seven states hits millions (Roundup) - Jul 30, 2012
- Power supply partially restored in Punjab, Haryana - Jul 30, 2012
- Blackout hits business activities - Jul 30, 2012
- VVIP areas blacked out for over two hours - Jul 30, 2012
- Power failure disrupts Delhi Metro services - Jul 30, 2012
- 14-hour power failure hit NCR towns - Jul 30, 2012
- Second blackout in India hits 19 states, 600 million people (Roundup) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power failure throws Delhi Metro services out of gear (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Delhi Metro services resume on all lines (Third Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Powerless again, Northern and Eastern Grid break down (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Delhi Metro resume services (Second Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
Tags: corp ltd, delhi metro, early monday, exact reasons, grid failure, haryana, jammu and kashmir, kashmir, metro services, north india, northern grid, power failure, power grid corporation of india, power outage, power supply, railway system, rajasthan, south delhi, uttar pradesh, western regions