Power minister to visit Chicago, New YorkSeptember 17th, 2011 - 8:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 17 (IANS) India’s Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde will leave for Chicago and New York on a five-day official trip starting Sep 19, a statement said Saturday.
“The minister is being accompanied by a high-level delegation which includes senior officers of the ministry, and chief managing directors of Power Finance Corporation, Rural Electrification Corporation and Power Grid Corporation of India,” the ministry said in a statement.
In Chicago, Shinde will address the “US-Indian Economic Opportunities and Synergy Summit”, jointly organised by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry and the 100-year-old Executives’ Club of Chicago.
In New York, he will meet chief executive officers of various organisations at a function organised by the United States-India Business Council (USIBC).
The power sector of India will require $232 billion in the coming years.
In view of the increasing opportunities provided by the Indian power sector, many investors in the US have shown keen interest to invest in India. The visit of the power minister is expected to bring substantial investment in the power sector in India in the years to come, the statement said.
- India seeks US investment in power sector - Sep 20, 2011
- Mukherjee to lead high-level business delegation to US - Aug 18, 2011
- Chidambaram new finance minister, Shinde gets home - Jul 31, 2012
- Major meets in US to woo investors to India - Sep 04, 2011
- India seeks Canadian investment in power sector - Sep 20, 2010
- India-US investment treaty talks almost complete: Anand Sharma - Sep 21, 2011
- 60 percent supply restored after major power breakdown - Jul 30, 2012
- Business-friendly Gujarat appeals to US firms - Jul 14, 2012
- Chidambaram gets finance again, Shinde becomes home minister (Lead) - Jul 31, 2012
- Power stint successful, Home to be critical: Shinde (Lead) - Aug 01, 2012
- India's power sector needs $300 billion investment: Shinde - Oct 05, 2010
- US business pleased with Obama's approach to trade with India - Nov 07, 2010
- Delhi blames neighbouring states for power crisis (Lead) - Jul 30, 2012
- Shinde calls for Indo-Australian cooperation in power sector - Jun 07, 2010
- Power generation firms need to improve efficiency: Shinde - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: business council, chambers of commerce, chambers of commerce and industry, chicago new york, chief executive officers, economic opportunities, executives club of chicago, india business, indian chambers of commerce, indian power sector, keen interest, level delegation, New Delhi, power finance corporation, power grid corporation of india, power minister, power sector in india, rural electrification corporation, substantial investment, sushilkumar shinde