Power Grid’s third quarter profit up 21.18 percentFebruary 8th, 2011 - 7:00 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 8 (IANS) State-run electricity transmission company Power Grid Corporation of India Limited Tuesday reported a rise of 21.18 percent in its net profit for the third quarter of the current fiscal year, as compared to the same period in 2009-10, which stood at Rs.591.19 crore.”The company has posted a profit after tax of Rs.5,911.90 million for the quarter ended Dec 31, 2010 as compared to Rs.4,878.40 million for the quarter ended Dec 31, 2009,” the company said in a regulatory filing.
The total income of the company in the period grew by 21.52 percent at Rs.2,145.23 crore as compared to Rs.1,765.27 crore in the like period of last fiscal year.
Meanwhile, the consolidated net profit for the third quarter grew by 30.20 percent at Rs.1,945.77 crore from Rs.1,494.42 crore in the third quarter of the fiscal 2009-10.
Segment-wise revenue of the company through its transmission business grew by 25.40 percent at Rs.2,013.76 crore as against Rs.1,605.79 crore in the same period of last fiscal year.
The company’s total revenue including other income rose by 20.54 percent at Rs.2,145.23 crore in the third quarter of this fiscal from Rs.1,779.62 crore in the third quarter of fiscal 2009-10.
- Jet Airway's Q3 net profit up 11 percent - Feb 03, 2011
- TVS's Q3 net profit jumps 137 percent - Jan 20, 2011
- Ashok Leyland's Q4 profit up 33.33 percent - May 20, 2011
- ICICI Bank's net profit jumps 30.5 percent in third quarter - Jan 24, 2011
- Oil India's Q3 net profit up 26.58 percent - Feb 05, 2011
- Dr. Reddy's Lab Q4 net profit down 34 percent - May 13, 2011
- MindTree net plunges 53 percent in fiscal 2010-11 - Apr 21, 2011
- Bajaj Auto's Q3 net profit zooms 19 percent - Jan 19, 2012
- GAIL's third quarter net profit up 12.52 percent - Jan 18, 2011
- ONGC Q3 net profit doubles to Rs.7,083 crore - Jan 28, 2011
- NTPC's third quarter net profit at Rs.2,371.48 crore - Jan 31, 2011
- Tata Motors third quarter net profit up 40.47 percent - Feb 14, 2012
- NTPC's third quarter net falls 10.16 percent - Jan 27, 2012
- TVS Motor's third quarter net profit up 1.39 percent - Jan 31, 2012
- JSW Steel's net falls 1.35 percent - Oct 26, 2010
Tags: 911, current fiscal year, electricity transmission, net profit, power grid corporation of india, power grid corporation of india limited, quarter profit, rs 1, rs 2, segment, transmission business, transmission company