Power demand in Delhi reaches all-time highJune 22nd, 2012 - 10:10 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 22 (IANS) The ever rising consumption of power in Delhi again Friday broke all records, including Thursday’s 5,271 megawatts (MW), to reach a new high at 5,330 MW.
This is the eighth time in June that power consumption has broken previous records.
On June 16, the capital recorded the highest-ever consumption of 5,265 MW while June 1 saw the consumption peaking at 5,178 MW.
In 2012, the projected consumption of power has been pegged at 5,500 MW which, trends suggest, will be soon crossed.
Until now, the highest ever demand had been 5,028 MW — in August 2011.
Over the past 12 years, the demand for electricity in the capital has shown an upward trend.
The peak demand for power reached 2,831 MW in 2001 and has continued to increase.
- Delhi power demand reaches new high - Jun 26, 2012
- Searing heat pushes power demand in Delhi to new high - Jun 21, 2012
- Delhi power demand reaches new high at 5,642 MW - Jul 05, 2012
- Delhi's power demand scores to record 5,178 MW - Jun 01, 2012
- Rains expected in Delhi Saturday (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Delhi power demand reaches new all-time high - Jul 02, 2012
- Power demand breaks record in Delhi - May 25, 2012
- Delhi sizzles, power demand highest ever (Lead) - Aug 02, 2011
- Distcom urges consumers to switch off on Earth Hour - Mar 28, 2012
- Rain eludes Delhi, power demand again peaks (Lead) - Jul 05, 2012
- Thrifty power users in Delhi to get subsidy - Aug 30, 2011
- Sweltering Delhi to get monsoon rains this week (Second Lead) - Jul 02, 2012
- As Delhi sizzles, power demand reaches to all-time high (Lead) - May 30, 2012
- Efforts on to reduce power outages: Pakistani minister - Jul 11, 2011
- NALCO's aluminium production up by 19.4 per cent - Apr 03, 2010