Posco, Tata projects may commence soon: officialMay 17th, 2008 - 1:34 am ICT by admin
Bhubaneswar May 16 (IANS) Sounding an optimistic note on the stalled steel plant projects of South Korean steel major Posco and the Tata Group in Orissa, union Steel Secretary R.S. Pandey Friday said the projects may start by the end of June. “Considering the progress, I have a feeling that two mega projects, namely Tata Steel and Posco India, should start their construction work by the end of June,” Pandey told reporters.
While the Tata Steel has planned a 6-million tonnes steel plant in Kalinga Nagar Industrial Complex in the district of Jajpur, Posco has plans to set up a $12 billion plant near port town of Paradeep in the coastal district of Jagatsinghpur.
Both projects have been stalled due to fierce opposition from the local population.
- Rains halt Posco land acquisition - Jun 17, 2011
- Land acquisition plan for Posco faces new hurdle - May 16, 2011
- Orissa villagers observe 'Black Day' to protest Posco pact - Jun 22, 2011
- Orissa yet to renew pact with POSCO - Apr 14, 2011
- Police hunt for contractor in Posco violence - Dec 19, 2011
- MoEF expert team visits Posco plant site in Odisha - Aug 21, 2012
- New hurdles for Posco's land acquisition plans (Lead) - May 17, 2011
- Political parties to support anti-POSCO movement - Mar 01, 2011
- POSCO project: Supporters, protesters hold rival meets - Mar 13, 2011
- Posco land takeover to resume Saturday, protest intensifies (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Anti-displacement group protests nod to POSCO - Jan 31, 2011
- barricades are up again at Posco site - Feb 03, 2011
- Odisha ex-lawmaker held for Posco violence - Dec 24, 2011
- BJD accuses central government of blocking Orissa projects - Sep 18, 2010
- Panel probing POSCO divided, submits two reports (Lead) - Oct 18, 2010
Tags: 6 million, bhubaneswar, coastal district, construction work, industrial complex, opposition, optimistic note, orissa, plant projects, population, posco, posco india, south korean, steel plant, tata group, tata steel, union steel