Port connectivity projects will be completedJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Jan 23 (IANS) The two major road projects that will ease in and outbound traffic at Chennai Port Trust will be completed at the earliest, central ministers G.K. Vasan and C.P. Joshi said Monday.
Vasan (shipping) and Joshi (transport and highways) reviewed the two major road projects along with officials of the state government, Chennai Port Trust and National Highways Authority of India.
One is the Ennore Manali Road Improvement Project (EMRIP) and the other the Chennai Port-Maduravoyal Elevated Expressway.
“The Rs.600 crore EMRIP will be commissioned by June 2013,” Vasan told reporters. “We are adhering to the target date,” added Joshi.
- Chennai Port capacity to be expanded with Rs.100 billion - Jan 19, 2011
- Tamil Nadu port projects to be completed in two years: Vasan - Feb 08, 2010
- Chennai-Ennore Port road project to be done next year: Vasan - Jun 29, 2012
- Chennai Port acquires 125 acres for dry port - Sep 21, 2010
- Six PPP port projects to be sanctioned this year: Vasan - Feb 20, 2012
- Rs.750 crore sanctioned for ship repair unit in Kerala - Sep 14, 2012
- Ennore Port's three new terminals go on stream - Jan 28, 2011
- Six-lane roads to connect India's metros - Sep 12, 2011
- Tamil Nadu power unit's early start hinges on port decision - Apr 08, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to strengthen roads for Toshiba JSW Turbine's project - Jan 12, 2012
- Japanese envoy calls on C.P. Joshi - May 03, 2011
- Car exports via Ennore Port from August 2010: Vasan - Sep 18, 2009
- Will seek lower import duties on dredgers, says Vasan - Nov 18, 2011
- India beefs up coastal security with new system - Aug 03, 2012
- Privatisation of loss-making Goa port plant only a last resort: MP - Nov 10, 2011
Tags: chennai port trust, connectivity projects, crore, ennore, improvement project, India, joshi, national highways authority, road improvement, road projects, shipping, state government, target date, traffic, vasan