Porbandar gets modern air terminalApril 24th, 2008 - 1:44 am ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, April 23 (IANS) A modern airport terminal built at a cost of Rs.140 million was inaugurated at Porbandar by Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel Wednesday. Patel said the central government was considering introducing air taxi service connecting different airports in Gujarat. Though one can hire an air taxi to go out of the state, there are no internal air taxi services, he said, adding the government would also like to see night-landing facilities for the state’s many small airports.
“If an all-weather airport can be built in the country it can be in Gujarat as it is ideally placed with best visibility condition throughout the year,” Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Patel earlier inaugurated a new domestic arrival terminal at the Ahmedabad international airport.
- Ahmedabad airport gets a new terminal - Jul 04, 2010
- Manmohan Singh inaugurates IGI's Terminal 3 - Jul 03, 2010
- Assam's Bordoloi airport to become regional hub: Vayalar Ravi - Jun 25, 2011
- T-3 Terminal exemplifies India's resolve to bridge infrastructure deficit: Manmohan Singh - Jul 03, 2010
- New terminal at Lucknow airport opens June 2 - May 31, 2012
- Contrasting styles mark Modi, Vaghela fasts - Sep 18, 2011
- First commercial flight arrives at IGI's new terminal (Lead) - Jul 14, 2010
- New terminal in Lucknow airport inaugurated - May 19, 2012
- Three-day meditation in Gujarat before Delhi agitation: Ramdev - Aug 05, 2012
- Patel blames heavy fog for flight delays - Dec 27, 2010
- Keshubhai Patel quits BJP, may float new party - Aug 04, 2012
- Four new ministers in Gujarat - Aug 21, 2010
- Himachal demands night landing facilities at airports - Dec 22, 2011
- Govt. trying hard to manage air traffic delays: Praful Patel - Dec 27, 2010
- India Aviation not to have aerobatics display - Mar 10, 2012
Tags: air taxi service, air taxi services, air terminal, airport terminal, airports, arrival terminal, central government, chief minister, civil aviation, gujarat, modi, porbandar, praful patel, visibility, weather