Policy on manufacturing by year-end: SharmaAugust 21st, 2010 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jaipur, Aug 21 (IANS) Union Commerce and Industry Minister Anand Sharma Saturday said a national manufacturing policy (NMP) is likely to be in place by this year-end.
“The draft of the policy is in the final stage of consultations with all the stake holders,” he told reporters here.
He added that encouraging the manufacturing sector was necessary to increase its share in the gross domestic product and attract investment from overseas and within the country.
Sharma, who is a Rajya Sabha MP from Rajasthan, was in Jaipur for consultations with Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot and senior officials regarding the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) roadmap.
The minister said that the NMP, once in place, is likely to double the productivity of the manufacturing sector in the next five years, while trebling employment.
He also held discussion on investment in the state including the manufacturing sector.
Sharma said under the NMP there would be integrated industrial development that would comprise of greenfield industrial townships with infrastructure facilities like roads, power, water, effluent treatment plants, residential and educational facilities. High technology hubs will also be part of these zones.
The minister also informed about investment proposals for Rajasthan including setting up an aerotropolis, spices park, a footwear design institute and power plants over the next few years.
“The manufacturing investment zones will come up in Neemrana and Bhiwadi,” said Sharma
A survey has been done for these projects and international consultants have given a favourable opinion.
“The zones will be a joint ventures with a special purpose vehicle in which the state government will have 51 percent share,” said Sharma.
- Jodhpur-Pali-Marwar to be the second node of DMIC in Rajasthan - Apr 30, 2011
- New greenfield airport in Rajasthan - Sep 14, 2010
- Single agency proposed for Bhiwadi's development - Sep 19, 2012
- Taiwanese delegation excited by opportunities in Rajasthan - Feb 26, 2011
- Rajasthan's single window law facilitates investment: Minister - Mar 28, 2012
- India to bolster manufacturing, exports - Nov 11, 2010
- Manufacturing policy is designed to create jobs: CII - Nov 13, 2011
- Land takeover begins for Delhi-Mumbai corridor - Aug 22, 2012
- Gehlot calls on Tinidad and Tobago PM - Jan 07, 2012
- Anil Ambani to set up solar power plants in Rajasthan - Aug 10, 2011
- Akhilesh Yadav to speed up Delhi-Mumbai industrial corridor - Aug 11, 2012
- Partner Japan to have 26 percent stake in DMIC - Apr 30, 2012
- National Manufacturing Policy cleared - Jun 10, 2011
- National policy soon for manufacturing sector: Sharma - Apr 08, 2011
- Execution seen as key in manufacturing policy success - Oct 30, 2011
Tags: anand sharma, bhiwadi, dmic, effluent treatment plants, footwear design, industrial corridor, industry minister, infrastructure facilities, international consultants, investment proposals, investment zones, national manufacturing, neemrana, nmp, power plants, power water, rajya sabha, special purpose vehicle, stake holders, technology hubs