PNB targets Rs 10,00,000 crore business by 2013January 9th, 2011 - 11:42 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, Jan 9 (IANS) Having achieved a total business of Rs.500,000 crore till Dec 31, 2010, the country’s second largest nationalised bank, Punjab National Bank (PNB), will target business worth Rs 10,00,000 crore by 2013, bank officials said here Sunday.Addressing over 1,200 PNB officers at the joint triennial conference of all-India PNB officers association here, PNB directors Pardeep Kumar and M.P. Singh said that the business targets had been achieved by the bank despite a severe shortage of staff and certain government policies that were hindering the growth of nationalised banks in India.
“The bank is on course to achieve its target of generating Rs.10,00,000 crore business by 2013,” they said while addressing the conference.
Stressing the need for filing up vacancies and upgrading infrastructure, they felt that staff shortage was the biggest hurdle in the way of generating more business.
“A further shortage is looming large with 20 percent of the total staff strength of nearly 54,000 set to retire in the coming 2-3 years,” Kumar said.
- Jammu and Kashmir Bank posts Rs.182 crore Q1 profit - Jul 30, 2011
- Rural banks in Bengal facing staff, skill deficit - Jul 03, 2011
- PNB mulls Rs.100 crore investment in proposed arm - Jul 06, 2011
- States, regulators blamed for power losses - Apr 28, 2010
- Pranab Mukherjee promises more rural banks - Feb 11, 2011
- PNB to finalise life insurance joint venture - Jul 07, 2011
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investment (Lead) - Jan 13, 2012
- Bank strike hits customer services in Karnataka - Aug 23, 2012
- Allahabad Bank targets 21 percent growth this fiscal - Jun 14, 2012
- Andhra inks MoUs for Rs.6.5 lakh crore investments - Jan 13, 2012
- UCO Bank expects Rs.245,000 crore business in 2010-11 - Apr 25, 2011
- Power situation to improve from June: Jayalalithaa - Feb 04, 2012
- Internal probe yet to find any wrongdoing: LIC - Feb 06, 2011
- Plan panel approves Rs.57,800 crore for Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2012
- Public sector banks to disburse Rs.6 lakh crore farm loans: Chidambaram - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: 3 years, bank officials, banks in india, business targets, business worth, government policies, hurdle, infrastructure, m p singh, nationalised bank, nationalised banks in india, punjab national bank, punjab national bank pnb, rs 500, staff shortage, staff strength, target, triennial conference, vacancies