PNB reduces lending rate by 50 basis pointsApril 30th, 2009 - 6:57 pm ICT by ANI
New Delhi, Apr 30 (ANI): The Punjab National Bank on Thursday reduced its benchmark lending rate by 50 basis points to 11 percent.
The Benchmark Prime Lending Rate (BPLR) has been slashed from 11.5 per cent to 11 per cent effective tomorrow, the bank said in a statement.
The benefit of reduction in BPLR shall be applicable to all existing and new accounts linked with BPLR, wherever interest rates are charged at BPLR and above, it added.
Further, the bank has cut interest rate on personal loan by 50 basis points and floating home loan would become cheaper by 25 basis points.
The bank has also reduced its peak deposit rate by 50 basis points to 7.5 per cent.
The threshold limit under the PNB Special Housing Loan Scheme (Fixed) has been enhanced to Rs 50 lakh. Home loan is available at 9 per cent under the scheme for the limited period up to June 30.
Interest rate on Reverse Mortgage Scheme has also been reduced by 0.5 per cent. Similarly, the interest rates on educational loans (linked with BPLR) are also revised downward by 50 basis points, the statement said.Last week, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had cut down short-term policy rates by a quarter percentage.
PNB has slashed down the rates considering the lower rate of inflation and also keeping the stance of the RBI, as announced in the Annual Policy Statement for financial year 2009-2010, indicating scope for reduction in both lending and deposit rates by banks. (ANI)
- PNB raises base rate by 50 bps, deposit rates by 25-50 bps - Sep 30, 2010
- Banks lower interest rates taking cues from RBI policy - Apr 19, 2012
- Punjab National Bank cuts lending rate - Apr 30, 2009
- Bulk, retail deposit interest rates would go down first: Bankers - Apr 17, 2012
- SBI raises lending, deposit rates; loans to get costlier - Aug 16, 2010
- SBI hikes lending rates, EMIs to rise - Jul 07, 2011
- PNB, Allahabad Bank hike lending, deposit rates - Jul 29, 2011
- India's central bank cuts rates to push growth (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Indian Overseas Bank raises lending rate - Jul 01, 2011
- Punjab National Bank cuts lending rates - Jan 30, 2009
- Indian Overseas Bank hikes base rate - Jul 30, 2011
- Interest rates to go down but not immediately, say top banks - Apr 17, 2012
- Indian Bank, IOB hike lending rate to 8.5 percent - Oct 01, 2010
- Banks expected to pass on cost savings to borrowers - Apr 17, 2012
- India's central bank cuts interest rates to spur economy (Roundup) - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: bank of india, basis points, educational loans, home loan, housing loan, interest rate, lakh, loan scheme, new accounts, New Delhi, personal loan, pnb, prime lending rate, punjab national bank, rate of inflation, rbi, reserve bank of india, reverse mortgage, rs 50, threshold limit