PM’s statement on IBSA Summit TuesdayOctober 16th, 2011 - 7:25 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Oct 16 (IANS) Text of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s statement ahead of his visit to Pretoria for the 5th Summit among the leaderships of India, Brazil and South Africa, scheduled Tuesday:
“I will leave tomorrow on a visit to South Africa to attend the 5th IBSA Summit being hosted by President Jacob Zuma in Pretoria on 18 October 2011.
The Summit is expected to focus, among other things, on coordination among IBSA countries in United Nations Security Council, sustainable development, the forthcoming meetings of the Conference of Parties under the UNFCCC and the Conference of Parties to the Kyoto Protocol being hosted by South Africa later this year, the Rio+20 Conference being hosted by Brazil in 2012 and other matters related to deepening of cooperation under IBSA.
The IBSA Dialogue Forum has matured considerably over the years. There is now greater cooperation across a wider canvas. Above all, the idea of three large developing democracies, Brazil, India and South Africa working together in a highly complex global environment has taken root, and has received universal welcome by our peoples.
It is a happy coincidence that during 2011 India, Brazil and South Africa are members of the United Nations Security Council. We have shown significant cohesiveness and coordination in our approach to issues under discussion in the Security Council.
I also look forward to an exchange of views with our IBSA partners on the current global economic and financial situation especially in the context of the forthcoming G 20 Summit in France.
We expect to issue an IBSA Joint Declaration at the Summit.
During my stay in Pretoria, I look forward to holding bilateral meetings with President Jacob Zuma and President Dilma Rousseff to exchange views on global, regional and bilateral issues of mutual interest.”
- UN, security, economy, environment focus of Pretoria visit: PM - Oct 16, 2011
- PM leaves for IBSA summit, focus on global economy - Oct 17, 2011
- PM heads back after IBSA Summit in Pretoria - Oct 19, 2011
- Manmohan returns after IBSA summit - Oct 20, 2011
- India sees trade with South Africa, Brazil soon topping $25 bn - Oct 17, 2011
- India,Brazil, South Africa to engage in 5th IBSA Summit - Oct 12, 2011
- India may seek common ground at IBSA on Af-Pak - Oct 17, 2011
- India, Brazil, South Africa push for Security Council expansion - Oct 18, 2011
- BRICS will offer huge opportunities for South Africa: Zuma - Apr 12, 2011
- India, Brazil, South Africa seek way out of economic crisis - Oct 18, 2011
- BRICS nations explore options to protect currencies - Jun 19, 2012
- India-Brazil joint commission meet Dec 11-13 - Dec 08, 2011
- BRICS leaders issue Sanya Declaration - Apr 14, 2011
- PM backs dialogue to resolve West Asia crisis - Mar 30, 2012
- IBSA condemns terror attack in New Delhi - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: bilateral issues, bilateral meetings, cohesiveness, dilma rousseff, forthcoming meetings, jacob zuma, kyoto protocol, leaderships, manmohan singh, members of the united nations, members of the united nations security council, mutual interest, nations security council, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, unfccc, united nations security, united nations security council, universal welcome, zuma