PMO lists inclusive growth achievementsSeptember 17th, 2012 - 11:24 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Sep 17 (IANS) The Prime Minister’s office (PMO) has listed 10 major achievements that showcase inclusive growth in the last one decade.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s official Twitter account identified 10 areas in which the reforms have helped achieve inclusive growth targets.
“More than 29 million families acquired a two-wheeler between 2001 to 2011,” the PMO said on the micro-blogging site.
The PMO listed five achievements Monday. It listed five other areas Sunday highlighting inclusive growth.
Here are the 10 areas that the PMO has highlighted on Twitter.
–Nearly 38 million houses obtained tap water connections during the last decade.
–Computer penetration has increased the most during last decade.
–More than 29 million families acquired a two-wheeler between 2001 to 2011.
–Just in 10 years, 56 million households obtained TV sets.
–More than 44 million families moved into their own houses during the last two Five-Year Plans.
–More than 37 million households obtained liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) or processed natural gas (PNG) connections in 10 years.
–Telephony reached 137 million houses in 10 years - second fastest growth in the world.
–More than 60 million households got new electricity connections just in a decade.
–More than 34 million households acquired concrete roofs over their heads.
–More than 77 million households connected to banking services in a decade.
- Bihar paradox: Phones outnumber toilets - Apr 20, 2012
- Mobiles ring more than toilets in Himachal - Apr 01, 2012
- Consumption in rural India growing faster than urban areas: CRISIL - Aug 29, 2012
- 90 percent of Kerala homes have telephone - Mar 30, 2012
- No access to toilets for half of Jammu and Kashmir households - Mar 28, 2012
- Hero MotoCorp to set up manufacturing plants in Africa - Mar 20, 2012
- TVS Motors closes March and fiscal with higher sales - Apr 01, 2011
- India's population is 1.21 billion, gender imbalance worsens (Roundup) - Mar 31, 2011
- West Bengal: only a quarter use tap water - Mar 27, 2012
- Smooth ride for two-wheeler makers in February (Roundup) - Mar 01, 2011
Tags: 10 years, 60 million, banking services, computer penetration, concrete roofs, growth targets, households, last decade, lpg, manmohan, manmohan singh, natural gas, New Delhi, petroleum gas, png, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, twitter, two wheeler, water connections