PML-N seeks impeachment of MusharrafMay 25th, 2008 - 5:12 pm ICT by admin
Islamabad , May 25 (ANI): On May 24, the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) has demanded a joint session of Parliament with the single-point agenda of impeaching President Pervez Musharraf.
The country and the nation will suffer both economically and politically if a delay is caused in convening the joint session of parliament, said PML-N spokesman Siddiqul Farooq at a press conference.
He blamed Musharraf and former Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz for bringing the country to the brink of an economic collapse, the sharp increase in poverty, the unprecedented price hike and surging unemployment.
He said Aziz, the ex-chief minister of the Punjab Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi, ex-IB chief Ijaz Shah, ex-chief minister Sindh Arbab Ghulam Rahim and former ambassador to Turkey and ex-NWFP governor Lt Gen (retd) Iftikhar should be investigated for looting national wealth.
He also alleged that Musharraf, Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and Ijaz Shah were behind the murder of Benazir Bhutto.
Farooq also said Musharraf was responsible for killing large number of soldiers in the tribal areas and during the Kargil war.
He suggested that Musharraf was forcibly occupying the slot of president and hatching conspiracies against the democratic and elected coalition government. (ANI)
- Pak Election Commission doubtful about degrees of 298 lawmakers - Jan 12, 2011
- 'Sworn enemies' Musharraf, Sharif and Zardari are 'famous Facebook friends'! - Mar 19, 2011
- PML-N goes overboard in protest against PPP in Pak parliament - Apr 21, 2011
- Pakistan's ruling party, PML-Q try to corner Nawaz Sharif - Oct 27, 2010
- Party 'hawks' forced Sharif to skip Zardari's 'historic' parliament address - Apr 08, 2010
- Bin Laden funded Nawaz for taking part in elections: Musharraf - Nov 19, 2010
- Lahore High Court orders ex-parte proceedings against Musharraf, others in BB murder case - Dec 11, 2009
- Benazir assassination: Lahore High Court issues notice to Musharraf, others - Nov 14, 2009
- "Apologetic" Musharraf blames 'misleading' Chaudhry brothers for NRO fiasco - Oct 07, 2010
- Raja Pervez Ashraf elected Pakistan's 25th PM (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Nawaz untrustworthy, entire PML-N leadership double-faced: PML-Q leader - Dec 05, 2010
- PML-N, PML-Q play blame-game on SBP bank loan scandal - Dec 07, 2009
- PML-Q to get Deputy PM post, several ministries on joining PPP-led Pak Govt: Report - Apr 30, 2011
- Bhutto's protocol officer's 'conspiracy culminating in assassination' petition against Musharraf, Ma - Jul 30, 2009
- Pir Pagara distances himself from Musharraf - Oct 08, 2010