Plintron Global Technology to double headcount in a yearSeptember 5th, 2011 - 6:59 pm ICT by IANS
Chennai, Sep 5 (IANS) City-based mobile telephony technology company Plintron Global Technology Solutions plans to double its headcount in a year?s time, according to Chief Executive Officer S. Mohan Kumar.
This announcement follows a $100 million deal with UK-based prepaid international mobile telephony company Lycamobile UK Ltd.
?We will double our headcount in a year?s time,” Mohan Kumar said Monday. “Currently, our headcount is around 450.?
Plintron is a niche player in the enterprise mobile convergence domain. Its technology enables domestic and international mobile telephony service by companies like Lycamobile.
?We have to enter into separate contracts for spectrum, use of base stations and other infrastructure with an existing player to launch our own brand,? Milind Kangle, group CEO, Lycamobile said.
He said the company will enter the Indian market once the government comes out with a proper policy for mobile virtual network operators (MVNO).
According to him, Lycamobile, with a turnover of 700 million euros and a subscriber base of 14 million, has a presence in 14 countries.
?We are planning to offer our services in two more countries soon. Our target is to achieve 20 million customers by 2012,? Kangle said.
- Nokia Siemens to add 800 more staff at Chennai centre - Jan 13, 2011
- Pitroda creation creates waves in mobile commerce market - Aug 06, 2011
- Unitech Wireless to offer post-paid connections this year - May 03, 2010
- MasterCard, C-SAM to jointly offer mobile wallet service - May 18, 2012
- IDFC Pvt Equity invests Rs.150 crore in GVR Infra - Jul 22, 2011
- France's Thales bets big on India's metro, rail projects - Apr 24, 2012
- Keste to expand India operations with $2.5 mn investment - Jul 12, 2012
- India to play major role in Dell's networking plans - Sep 13, 2011
- Antenna Software plans expansion in India - Mar 10, 2011
- Vodafone launches Rs.4 voucher scheme - Jul 12, 2010
- China Wireless to set up research centre in India - May 25, 2010
- Finland's energy firm to expand business in India - Oct 06, 2011
- France's Thales eyes big in India's metro, rail projects - Apr 25, 2012
- Tata, Future Group launch GSM mobile service - Jun 19, 2010
- HCL Technologies quarterly net profit rises 50 percent - Oct 18, 2011
Tags: 100 million, chief executive officer, global technology, group ceo, headcount, kangle, lycamobile, mobile virtual network operators, mohan kumar, niche player, subscriber base, target, technology company, technology solutions, telephony company, telephony service, telephony technology, turnover, uk ltd, virtual network