Plane with seven people on board missing in PhilippinesApril 2nd, 2009 - 4:09 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, April 2 (Xinhua) A small plane with five passengers and two crew members on board went missing shortly after take-off in northern Philippines Thursday, the country’s civil aviation authority reported.
The European-made twin-engine Islander plane RP-C764 lost contact after it left the airport of Tuguegarao in northern Cagayan province at around 8.55 a.m. Thursday (0055 GMT), the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP) said.
Though the plane was bound towards Macanacon airport in neighbouring Isabela province, some 30 minutes away, no landing was reported in any major airports in the northern Luzon region, CAAP Director General Ruben Ciron said in a press release.
“Tuguegarao reported that the weather was fairly good when RP-C764 took off today (Thursday),” he said, adding that a team was formed to investigate the incident while several agencies of the military and government departments were searching for the missing plane.
A military UH-1H “Huey” helicopter will be dispatched to trace the route of the plane, Ciron said.
- Typhoon Megi makes landfall in Philippines with winds of 140 mph - Oct 18, 2010
- Three killed in cargo plane crash in Philippines - Apr 22, 2010
- Blaze at Philippines hotel kills 15, injures others - Dec 20, 2010
- Philippines implementing reforms to improve air safety rating - Sep 14, 2012
- Typhoon Megi gains strength, approaches south China - Oct 21, 2010
- Small plane crashes at Long Beach Airport in California - Mar 17, 2011
- Three Indians killed in Philippines road accident - Feb 05, 2010
- Philippine rat fever toll reaches 15 - Jan 05, 2012
- Russia-made amphibious plane crashes in Iran - Jul 30, 2012
- Seven US Marines killed in helicopter collision - Feb 24, 2012
- Powerful quake off Philippines triggers small tsunami - Aug 31, 2012
- 7 die in Brazil plane crash - Apr 22, 2011
- Top Philippine official missing after plane crash - Aug 18, 2012
- Philippines interior secretary untraceable - Aug 19, 2012
- Philippine typhoon toll crosses 490 (Lead) - Dec 18, 2011
Tags: 1h huey, caap, cagayan province, ciron, civil aviation authority, crew members, director general, government departments, huey helicopter, isabela province, islander, luzon region, missing plane, northern luzon, northern philippines, philippines manila, tuguegarao, uh 1h, weather, xinhua