Plan panel okays Rs.14,010 crore outlay for KeralaApril 20th, 2012 - 9:21 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 20 (IANS) The Planning Commission Friday approved the 2012-13 annual plan outlay of Rs.14,010 crore for Kerala.
There is a substantial increase in the outlay for education, healthcare, infrastructure and social sector.
The annual plan outlay for the state was approved at a meeting between Planning Commission Deputy Chairman Montek Singh Ahluwalia and Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy here.
During the meeting Ahluwalia asked the state government to give special attention to boost growth of agriculture sector as its performance had not been satisfactory in the recent years.
He pointed out that the share of agriculture and industry in the state’s gross domestic product (GDP) has fallen gradually in the recent years.
The services sector accounted for 69.7 percent of the state’s GDP, followed by industry sector 20.5 percent and agriculture sector 9.8 percent in 2011-12.
“The state was advised to take initiatives aimed at reviving interest in agriculture including crop diversification and allied sectors. Need for power tariff revision and unbundling of state electricity board was also suggested,” according to a statement released by the Planning Commission.
Chandy said the actual investment in the state was expected to be far greater than the planned outlay as the government would actively promote public-private-partnership (PPP) for infrastructure development.
Chandy said apart from agriculture there will be substantial increase in outlay for social sector, including education and public healthcare.
- Good showing gets Rajasthan 22 percent hike in plan outlay - Mar 21, 2012
- Planning Commission okays Gujarat's annual plan - Jun 24, 2011
- Involve people in public-private-partnership model: Selja - Sep 13, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Rs.3,300 crore annual plan for Himachal approved - Mar 02, 2011
- Private participation vital to expedite development in northeast: Plan panel - Mar 30, 2012
- Planning Commission approves Himachal plan for next fiscal - Mar 23, 2012
- 'Education, skill development top priority of 12th Plan' - Aug 06, 2012
- Healthcare spending to go up in 12th Plan: Montek - Dec 01, 2011
- Sikkim gets marginal hike in funds for annual plan (With Images) - Apr 13, 2012
- Jharkhand annual plan 2011-12 finalized - Apr 11, 2011
- Plan panel approves Rs.57,800 crore for Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2012
- 3 percent of GDP to be spent on health: Montek - Sep 09, 2011
- India to set 9 percent growth target for next five year plan (Lead) - Aug 19, 2011
- Tamil Nadu plan outlay raised to Rs.23,535 crore - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: agriculture sector, crop diversification, deputy chairman, gross domestic product, industry sector, infrastructure development, kerala chief minister, montek singh ahluwalia, plan outlay, planning commission, power tariff, ppp, public healthcare, public private partnership, sector 9, social sector, state electricity board, substantial increase, tariff revision, unbundling