Pizza Hut to open more stores that offer wine and beerDecember 24th, 2011 - 7:18 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 24 (IANS) Encouraged by the popularity of its stores that serve not only pizzas but also wine and beer, restaurant chain Pizza Hut plans to open 25 more such joints across the country next year, a senior company official said.
“We are planning to open 25 stores in this particular format including in Mumbai. We have received tremendous response to this new format of our business,” Sunay Bhasin, marketing head, Pizza Hut India, told IANS.
The company currently operates 10 such stores in Delhi, Bangalore, Agra and Puducherry.
“We have seen a growth of nearly 20-to-25 percent in this format. The expansion will also help us in diversifying our offering and adding a more value-added service,” said Bhasin.
The company, which is celebrating 16 years of operation in India, also plans to take its casual dinning restaurant presence from 131 to 250 stores by 2015.
“Our plan is to have a presence of about 250 stores by 2015 from the current 131 stores that we have in 34 cities.”
Bhasin added that the major thrust areas for expansion would be big cities with the standard franchise model.
About its menu offerings, the company said it would introduce 15 new pan pizzas which would incorporate Indian ingredients. The pizzas include sev puri, chettinadu paneer, chatpata veg masala, nimbu mirchi, and mushroom corn masala, among others.
All the pizzas would be priced from Rs.95 onwards at all Pizza Hut dine-ins.
- Pizza Hut to open more stores that offer wine and beer (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Pakistanis outraged as Pizza Hut scraps Ramadan offer - Aug 08, 2012
- Yum Restaurants to invest $150 mn on expansion - Nov 10, 2009
- Jubilant FoodWorks quarterly profit rises 40 percent - Jul 25, 2012
- KFC eyes 500 restaurants in India by 2015 - Dec 18, 2011
- From a Punjab kitchen, these sweets, snacks have travelled far - Jan 28, 2011
- Prawn on toast, cheese burgers light up iftar in Pakistan - Aug 05, 2012
- Domino's opens 300th store in India with appetite for more - Mar 11, 2010
- Domino's Pizza enters Sri Lankan market - Sep 03, 2011
- Dr.Oetker targets 165 crore sale by 2015 - Sep 21, 2011
- Pizza Hut delivery boy killed in accident - Nov 18, 2011
- Chhabra 555 to open 10 new outlets in 2011-12 - Apr 14, 2011
- Arvind eyes Rs.400 crore revenue from new business format - Jun 17, 2011
- Jubilant FoodWorks quarterly net profit rises 52 percent - May 10, 2012
- Lawsuit Planned Over Racist Pizza Hut Receipt - Feb 22, 2010