Pitt issues legal threat over “surreptitious” paparazzi picsJuly 24th, 2008 - 4:31 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, July 24 (ANI): The birth of the Brangelina twins has caused so much frenzy among media outlets that new dad Brad Pitt has had to threaten legal action against surreptitiously taken pictures.
The threat was delivered through his attorney to media outlets, warning them that whosoever publishes photos snapped “surreptitiously” of Pitt, Angelina Jolie and their family, including new twins Knox and Vivienne, on the grounds of their French estate will have to face serious legal action.
Jolie checked out of the hospital on July 19, a week after the birth of her twins.
A letter was sent to various publications and was also made available for perusal on the Smoking Gun’’s website, regarding the privacy matter.
Yael Holtkamp of the high-powered Los Angeles-based law firm Lavely & Singer warns of dire consequences should the images, shot by shutterbugs using “highly powerful telephoto lenses,” turn up in print or online.
“The taking of the Photos constitutes a malicious violation of Mr. Pitt’’s privacy, including under the laws of California and France,” E!online quoted the attorney as saying.
As an example, the letter cited one unidentified photo agency that supposedly posted images of the family lounging on the grounds of the Chateau Miraval, a sprawling 60 million dollars country manor in the south of France.
The agency has since removed the pictures from its website, but it had taken some persuasion from the Pitt pack to make it happen.
There were no more comments on the matter from Holtkamp, and he did not return phone calls.
For Pitt, 44, and Jolie, 33, it seems that protecting their privacy is not the only thing on their mind, as they are reportedly trying to negotiate a deal with various publications for the exclusive first (authorized) photos of the newborns.
The deal is expected to be worth several million dollars, with the money most likely donated to charity. (ANI)
- Paparazzi arrested for trespassing on Brangelinas French holiday home - Jul 26, 2008
- Pitt, Jolie hunt for super-nanny, ready to pay up to $150,000 - Apr 22, 2011
- Brangelina to wed at French retreat? - Apr 16, 2012
- Pitt to handpick wine for wedding - Aug 28, 2012
- Brangelina to marry in a few months? - Jul 14, 2011
- Now paparazzi face $50,000 fine for unauthorised clicking in California - Oct 15, 2009
- Tiger Woods moving to France? - Dec 18, 2009
- Angelina Jolie says that Brad Pitt is strict with kids - Mar 05, 2012
- Brangelina - Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt separation rumors are false - Jan 25, 2010
- Pitt's parents moving in with him? - Feb 22, 2011
- Brangelina to marry in Britain - Jun 26, 2012
- Brangelina to wed this weekend? - Aug 10, 2012
- Brangelina to have private airstrip? - Sep 25, 2009
- Brad Pitt oversees wedding plans - May 02, 2012
- Angelina Jolie Gifts An Olive Tree To Brad Pitt On Valentine's Day - Feb 15, 2010