Pitroda has drawn up projects to change face of Kerala: Chief MinisterMay 15th, 2012 - 2:28 pm ICT by IANS
Thiruvananthapuram, May 15 (IANS) Noted innovator, tech evangelist and policymaker Sam Pitroda has drawn up some 10 major projects for Kerala’s resurgence that promise to change the face of the state, says Chief Minister Oommen Chandy.
“We are confident that given Pitroda’s acumen in projects that he will present, this is certainly going to change the face of the state in the near future,” Chandy, currently in Mumbai to promote investments to the state through an “Emerging Kerala” campaign, told IANS.
The chief minister said Pitroda, who is also advisor to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on public information, infrastructure and innovation, will formally present these projects here May 28.
In January, Pitroda was invited by the Kerala government for a brainstorming session with Chandy and his cabinet colleagues. After that he had promised to be back in 90 days with a slew of proposals to drive Kerala.
According to Chandy, the projects would include a coastal waterway, building a full-fledged knowledge city, strengthening of the vocational educations using information technology and a new health insurance scheme.
“Funding is not going to be a problem because funds are going to come through public-private partnerships. Moreover, with ‘Emerging Kerala’ being promoted vigoursly by us across the globe, there could be many who would be interested in the projects,” he said.
“The projects are being proposed by Pitroda after detailed cost-benefit analysis.”
- Pitroda suggests projects for Kerala - Jan 25, 2012
- Pitroda to mentor Kerala on development - Nov 16, 2011
- Kerala to host agro meet in 2013 - Sep 18, 2012
- CII to set up Centre for Excellence in Kerala - Jun 22, 2012
- Trivedi awaits report on modernisation of railways - Feb 21, 2012
- Chandy to lead 'Emerging Kerala' road show in Mumbai (Lead) - May 13, 2012
- Faced with criticism, Chandy goes slow on 'Emerging Kerala' website - Sep 05, 2012
- Japan keen to partner in infra and other sectors in Kerala - Sep 13, 2012
- Britain interested in Kerala infrastructure projects - May 22, 2012
- Kerala CM to make major pitch for investment - Apr 16, 2012
- Chandy, Achuthanandan wrangle over investors meet - Sep 06, 2012
- Pitroda appointed adviser to Bengal project (Lead) - Jul 16, 2011
- Kerala expecting huge overseas investment: Chandy - Apr 20, 2012
- Chandy invites India Inc to invest in Kerala - May 14, 2012
- Australia wants to partner Kerala in agro-based services - Jun 18, 2012
Tags: brainstorming session, cabinet colleagues, chandy, chief minister, coastal waterway, cost benefit analysis, educations, health insurance scheme, kerala government, knowledge city, manmohan, manmohan singh, new health, policymaker, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, public information infrastructure, public private partnerships, sam pitroda, using information technology