Pitroda bats for e-governanceJanuary 23rd, 2012 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 23 (IANS) Digitalisation of government services will empower citizens and bring about an improvement in governance, adviser to the prime minister Sam Pitroda said Monday.
“Digitalisation of services of the government and other agencies is very important as this is the right way of radicalism the country. And e-governance can really help in improving the urban services,” said Pitroda, who is adviser to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on public information infrastructure and innovations.
He was speaking on the occasion of the jury meeting of Janaagraha Urban G2C (Government to Citizens) Awards which will evaluate urban e-governance in India.
“If citizens get their services delivered through e-governance, that will be a great thing,” said Pitroda, who is among the jury members.
- Need to improve dignity of labour: Ramesh - Apr 04, 2012
- Working groups set up for Bengal's IT sector - Sep 17, 2011
- Africans want to emulate Indian model of development: Pitroda - Jan 21, 2012
- National Optical Fiber network to be set up: Sibal - Jul 22, 2011
- Pitroda now promises 'digital wallet' in mobiles - Sep 08, 2010
- Pitroda to mentor Kerala on development - Nov 16, 2011
- Pitroda suggests projects for Kerala - Jan 25, 2012
- PM sets up National Innovation Council - Aug 16, 2010
- India's tech-driven citizen engagement left Obama impressed (Roundup) - Nov 07, 2010
- $1 billion fund to spur industrial innovations: Pitroda - Mar 24, 2011
- Sam Pitroda to help modernise Railways - Sep 21, 2011
- Kerala development model is sustainable: Experts - Sep 12, 2012
- West Bengal to have four hardware hubs - May 04, 2012
- Pitroda has drawn up projects to change face of Kerala: Chief Minister - May 15, 2012
- ICT be used for better healthcare: Pitroda - Aug 29, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,