Pilots accuse Air India of retracting on its commitmentJuly 7th, 2012 - 11:33 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, July 7 (IANS) The Indian Pilots’ Guild (IPG) has accused Air India management of retracting on its commitment and failing to reciprocate the “goodwill gesture” of the pilots who called off their nearly two-month long strike and joined back duties Wednesday.
In a statement late Friday, the IPG said that in their talks with the conciliating officer and Chief Labour Commissioner (CLC) N.K. Prasad, and other officials, the Air India management expressed its “inability” to make any commitment on reinstating pilots or addressing issues raised by the pilots.
“They (Air India management) requested the CLC (Chief Labour Commissioner) for more time and failed to reciprocate IPG’s goodwill gesture of calling off the agitation,” IPG general secretary E.A. Kapadia said.
He added that the CLC has recorded the Air India’s stance on this matter and would report the same to the Delhi High Court at a hearing scheduled Monday (July 9).
The pilots having allegiance to IPG had called off their stir after the Air India management Tuesday assured the Delhi High Court that it would “sympathetically” consider their grievances.
As per the high court’s directives, the representatives of the de-recognised IPG were to meet Air India officials and the CLC to discuss reinstatement of the sacked pilots and resolution of their grievances.
The impasse notwithstanding, the pilots have not threatened to restart their agitation and would await further developments in the court Monday.
- Pilots accuse Air India of retracting on its commitment (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- Air India pilots to call off strike (Roundup) - Jul 03, 2012
- Hold talks daily, court tells Air India, pilots (Lead) - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India pilots and management to again hold talks - Jul 09, 2012
- Air India pilots officially call off strike (Lead) - Jul 04, 2012
- Air India pilots' strike nears end (Second Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Air India pilots to call off strike (Lead) - Jul 03, 2012
- Air India's 'sick' pilots continue protest, four flights cancelled (Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India forms committee for reinstating sacked pilots - Jul 12, 2012
- Court slams Air India stand over sacked pilots (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Committee formed to reinstate sacked Air India pilots, court told - Jul 13, 2012
- Pilots' stir: Chief labour commissioner to convene talks - Jun 13, 2012
- Air India crisis: 10 pilots sacked, court steps in (Third Lead) - May 09, 2012
- Air India crisis: 26 pilots sacked, court steps in (Fourth Lead) - May 10, 2012
- Court steps in to normalise Air India operations (Second Lead) - May 09, 2012