Petronet’s Kochi LNG terminal to start in two monthsAugust 23rd, 2012 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Kochi, Aug 23 (IANS) The Petronet LNG Ltd. (PLL) terminal here in Kerala is likely to be commissioned within two months, a top official said Thursday.
The liquefied natural gas (LNG) regasification terminal, a greenfield project, will have a capacity of five million metric tonnes per annum.
Ninety-seven percent of work in the first two phases of the Rs.4,200 crore terminal in Puthu Vypeen near here is complete, the official said.
PLL’s promoters are Gas Authority of India Ltd., Oil and Natural Gas Corporation, Indian Oil Corporation and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
PLL managing director A.K. Balyan said that by next year, companies here would be using LNG from the terminal, supplied either through pipelines or trucks.
LNG would be made available to factories within 50 sq km of Kochi.
In the next phase, LNG would reach Bangalore and Mangalore through pipelines.
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- Gail, Tidco to set up a JV power plant in Tamil Nadu - May 11, 2012
- LNG terminal capacity to be doubled at Kochi: Petroleum Secretary - Nov 22, 2010
- 11,000 km of LNG pipelines laid so far - Aug 21, 2012
- Petronet LNG to soon finalise investment in power sector - Sep 08, 2011
- GSPC-led consortium wins bid for Kakinada-Bhilwara pipeline - Oct 19, 2010
- Rs.10,000 cr power plant proposal for Tamil Nadu - May 24, 2010
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- GSPCL spot LNG cargo lands at Dahej - Apr 22, 2010
- IOC to set up LNG terminal in Chennai - Mar 22, 2012
- Tamil Nadu to study LNG power project feasibility - Mar 29, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- LNG facility for GM plant in Gujarat inaugurated - Sep 22, 2010
- Petronet to set up gas terminal, signs deal with Cochin Port Trust - Mar 12, 2009
- India seeks higher crude oil supplies from Angola - Oct 31, 2010
Tags: bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corporation, bharat petroleum corporation ltd, factories, gas authority of india ltd, gas lng, greenfield project, indian oil, indian oil corporation, kochi, liquefied natural gas, managing director, natural gas corporation, petronet lng ltd, pipelines, pll, promoters, trucks