Petronet LNG net down two percent to Rs.1.05 bnJuly 21st, 2008 - 3:16 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 21 (IANS) Petronet LNG Ltd, the Indian government’s chief importer of liquified natural gas, has posted a drop in profits of 2.2 percent in the first quarter of 2008-2009, compared to the same period last year, the company said Monday. In a regulatory statement, Petronet announced a net profit of Rs.1.05 billion in the quarter ending June 30, compared to Rs.1.09 billion in Q1 of 2007.
The total income in the same quarter has, however, risen 6.3 percent - from Rs.15.62 billion in 2007 first quarter to Rs.16.62 billion.
Petronet LNG is a joint venture company, with the Gas Authority of India Ltd, the Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd, the Indian Oil Corp and Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd each holding a 12.5 percent stake.
Besides, GDF International, a subsidiary of France’s Gaz de France, has 10 percent, and Asian Development Bank holds another 5.2 percent.
- India asks Qatar for additional 3 mn tonnes of gas - Apr 23, 2012
- Petronet's Kochi LNG terminal to start in two months - Aug 23, 2012
- Russia's Gazprom to supply LNG to India - Jul 21, 2011
- Natural gas to power HLL Lifecare factories - Jul 07, 2011
- Petronet LNG's second quarter profit up 8.65 percent - Oct 25, 2010
- IGL stock rallies 29 percent on high court order - Jun 01, 2012
- India offers Qatar 10 percent stake in Petronet - Jan 14, 2009
- MRPL posts six-fold increase in profit - Jul 26, 2011
- India seeks more gas, oil from Qatar - Apr 02, 2012
- ONGC reports 26 percent drop in Q4 profit - May 30, 2011
- SBI annual net profit surges nearly 42 percent (Lead) - May 18, 2012
- CNG prices hiked in Delhi and neighbourhood - Mar 05, 2012
- CNG price raised by Rs.2.30 in national capital region - Sep 30, 2011
- South Korea to invest nearly $12 bn in oil in 2012 - Dec 21, 2011
- ONGC to develop gas fields in Iran - Dec 02, 2009
Tags: asian development bank, bharat petroleum, bharat petroleum corp, bharat petroleum corp ltd, first quarter, gas authority of india ltd, gaz de france, gdf, indian government, indian oil, joint venture company, liquified natural gas, natural gas corp, net profit, New Delhi, percent stake, petronet lng ltd, profits, q1, rs 1