Petrol prices to be hiked by 70 paise from midnight (Lead)July 23rd, 2012 - 9:30 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, July 23 (IANS) India’s oil marketing companies Monday announced a hike in petrol prices by 70 paise a litre, with effect from midnight, citing increasing international oil prices and decline in the rupee’s value.
“It has been decided by Indian Oil Corporation to increase MS (motor spirit) prices by Rs.0.70 per litre (excluding state levies) with effect from midnight of July 23,” Indian Oil Corp (IOC) said in a statement.
“The said revision has been necessitated due to increasing international oil prices and movement in INR-USD exchange rate,” it added.
Increase in selling price shall vary from 70 paise per litre to 91 paise per litre (including state levies) depending upon state taxes.
In Delhi, the price increase will be 70 paise per litre. The impact of state tax shall be nil on the increase as per Delhi government’s June 16 value added tax exemption order.
While in Delhi, the revised price would be Rs.68.48, it would be Rs.74.23 in Mumbai. In Chennai it will be Rs.73.16, while in Kolkata it will be Rs.73.61.
The revised prices in Hyderabad and Bangalore would be Rs.75.80 and Rs.77.30, respectively.
- Petrol prices to be hiked by 70 paise from midnight (Second Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- New petrol prices in metros, mini-metros - Jul 23, 2012
- Fuel prices revised countrywide - Jul 25, 2012
- Petrol prices to be cut by Rs.2.46 per litre - Jun 28, 2012
- Revised petrol prices in four metros - May 23, 2012
- Petrol prices hiked by Rs.6.28 per litre plus taxes (Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Petrol prices to be cut by Rs.2.46 a litre (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.6.28 plus taxes, industry welcomes move (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Petrol price cut by Rs.2 a litre (Second Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Proposed petrol prices in top cities - Jun 28, 2012
- Petrol price cut by Rs.2.02 a litre in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 02, 2012
- Petrol prices lowered by Rs.1.85 per litre - Nov 15, 2011
- Petrol to be cheaper by Rs.2.46 a litre (Second Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Petrol costlier in India than in neighbours, US - Nov 29, 2011
- Petrol price hiked by Rs.7, opposition and allies fret (Intro Roundup) - May 23, 2012
Tags: chennai, delhi government, hyderabad, indian oil, indian oil corporation, international oil prices, ioc, kolkata, litre, marketing companies, motor spirit, New Delhi, paise, petrol prices, rupee, state levies, state tax, state taxes, tax exemption, usd exchange rate