PETA offers to help Kingfisher Airlines through new ads (With Images)May 2nd, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 2 (IANS) In an interesting offer, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India has written to Kingfisher Airlines chairman Vijay Mallya, stating that they could help the debt-ridden carrier work its way back to financial solvency.
“PETA would like to purchase ad space on the side of Kingfisher’s aircraft for a pro-vegan ad that reads ‘Want Good Times? Go Vegan. Meat Consumption Leads to Impotence’,” PETA India chief functionary Poorva Joshipura said Wednesday.
“More than just Kingfisher’s jets will be “taking off” if Dr Mallya accepts PETA’s offer and helps spread the vital message that meat consumption leads to impotence,” she added.
Joshipura said the best way to help animals, protect the environment and guarantee a successful ‘landing’ in the bedroom is to go vegan.
In a cleverly yet sarcastically worded letter, Joshipura said that in addition to causing animal suffering on a massive scale, eating meat can lead to myriad illnesses and medical conditions, including impotence.
“Internationally recognised authority on sexual medicine and impotence, Dr Sudhakar Krishnamurti has called India the “impotence capital of the world” - the condition affects more than 50 percent of the nation’s men over age 40,” she wrote in the letter.
“Any of your passengers who have trouble “lifting off” will be glad to hear that impotence can be reversed, improved or even prevented with a vegan diet,” she added.
Joshipura said that placing this ad on the side of Kingfisher planes will not only benefit the airline financially but also help passengers avoid turbulence in their love life.
- Hollywood-Bollywood come together for vegan cookbook - Jul 03, 2012
- Screen 'Kitty Porn' in Karnataka assembly, says PETA - Feb 27, 2012
- Dhanush, Mallika named hottest vegetarians - Jan 20, 2012
- Pamela adopts 'desi' homeless puppy (With image) - May 04, 2012
- Make this World Cup the last with leather balls: PETA - Mar 24, 2011
- It pays to go veg - Aug 30, 2012
- 'Jism 2' cast collaborates with PETA - Jun 07, 2012
- PETA's 'open offer' to model who wants to bare all - Apr 01, 2011
- Kingfisher to join oneworld airline alliance from February - Dec 19, 2011
- Animal rights group awards children's film - Jun 23, 2011
- PETA demands AIIMS release lab animals - Apr 28, 2011
- 'Love, Breakups, Zindagi' makers get PETA award - Nov 08, 2011
- Mumbai RJ gets PETA award for saving parrot - Jun 15, 2011
- Kingfisher pilots go on strike - Jul 14, 2012
- Qatar Airways backs FDI in aviation - Nov 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,