Perfetti Van Melle India enters salty snacks marketApril 28th, 2011 - 6:13 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 28 (IANS) Confectionery maker Perfetti Van Melle India Thursday said it had forayed into the salty snacks business with the launch of the Stop Not range of snacks.
The product will initially be available in Punjab and Andhra Pradesh and will be expanded across the country soon.
The company makes chewing gum, candies and soft chews, including names such as Alpenliebe, Center Fresh, Mentos and Happydent.
Perfetti has introduced filled and non-fried, ready to eat salty snacks under its Stop Not segment which will be available to the consumers in two formats.
While Fofos is a filled and non-fried product available in “happy tomato” and “mad masala” flavours, Golz is a crunchy fried ring available in “peppy tomato” and “full masala” flavours.
The products will be available in Rs.5 and Rs.10 packs.
“The category (salty snacks) has seen lot of action in the last couple of years and has huge potential to grow,” said Sameer Suneja, managing director, Perfetti Van Melle India.
- Now Kareena to endorse chocolate brand (With Images) - Apr 23, 2012
- Kareena to endorse new Alpenliebe product (Lead, Superseding earlier story) - Apr 23, 2012
- Veggie chicken tikka potato chips! New flavours beckon - Jun 21, 2012
- Now, crunchy and spicy soy snacks to boost nutrition in Indian kids - Oct 20, 2010
- Soy snacks for malnourished Indian kids - Oct 20, 2010
- Reducing salt in crisps, yet keeping it tasty - Feb 19, 2012
- Greendot launches Nachos - May 05, 2010
- Mumbai, a city that never stops eating! - May 21, 2012
- Crompton Greaves bags CII-EXIM Bank award for excellence - Nov 18, 2010
- Why airplane food tastes so bland - Oct 15, 2010
- Book launched on coastal Maharashtrian cuisine - Feb 03, 2012
- Indians dig into sausages - desi style - Jul 26, 2009
- Supreme Court refuses to lift ban on tobacco sachets (Lead) - Apr 14, 2011
- Healthy Snacks, Weight Loss Can Surely Work Jointly - Oct 15, 2010
- Edible bottles could replace plastic waste - Feb 23, 2012
Tags: andhra pradesh, candies, chewing gum, confectionery maker, consumers, flavours, golz, India, launch, managing director, mentos, New Delhi, perfetti van melle, punjab, salty snacks, segment, tomato