Pepper settles at Rs.14,375 at commodity exchangeApril 17th, 2008 - 3:44 pm ICT by admin
Ahmedabad, April 17 (IANS) Pepper settled at Rs.14,375 and rubber at Rs.10,716 Wednesday in the April-2008 futures contract at the National Multi-Commodity Exchange (NMCE). Among the other commodities traded on the e-platform of NMCE that expired Tuesday, cumin seed settled at Rs.8,950, isabgol at Rs.4,609, dry coconut (copra) at Rs.4,186, coconut oil at Rs.6,250, guar gum at Rs.4,604 and castor seed at Rs.2,602. Prices of all these commodities are quoted in rupees per quintal.
Of the April-2008 futures contract in other commodities - which also expired at NMCE Tuesday, rape/mustard seed settled at Rs.495 (per 20 kg), sacking at Rs.1,760 (100 bags), and cardamom at Rs.538 (per kg).
The settlement prices are calculated by averaging out the prices of the particular commodity on three days preceding the expiry date.
Different series are launched on different specified dates of the month and run for different periods. For instance, pepper is simultaneously traded in five-six series and rubber in four series.
NMCE Thursday launched new series for futures contract in 13 commodities and six new ’spread series’ in pepper and rubber.
- NMCE to launch new futures contracts in 13 commodities - Aug 14, 2008
- Pepper contract at Rs.14,464 per quintal - Jun 17, 2008
- Guar seed contract at Rs.2,024 per quintal - Jul 21, 2008
- Guar seed contract at Rs.1,830 per quintal - Jun 22, 2008
- Multi-Commodity Exchange launches new futures series - Apr 29, 2008
- New metals, menthol, jute contracts launched - Jul 31, 2008
- NMCE launches new series in metals, menthol, jute - Mar 31, 2008
- Futures contracts in metals, menthol, jute from Monday - May 30, 2008
- More ticker boards on farm goods' trade planned in Kerala - Nov 08, 2011
- Commodity exchange introduces futures contracts in coffee - Apr 02, 2008
- World Coconut Day: Kerala tries to stop production fall - Sep 02, 2012
- Multi-commodity exchange launches four new contracts - Apr 10, 2008
- Multi-commodity exchange launches new contracts - May 09, 2008
- New guar seed, turmeric contracts to be launched - Jul 09, 2008
- Government probing speculation in agri commodities - Apr 13, 2012
Tags: ahmedabad, cardamom, castor seed, coconut copra, coconut oil, cumin seed, dry coconut, expiry date, futures contract, guar gum, isabgol, multi commodity exchange, mustard seed, nmce, quintal, rs 2, rs 6, rs 8, rupees, settlement prices