Peninsula Hotels scouting for locations in IndiaApril 19th, 2012 - 7:39 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 19 (IANS) Hong Kong-based luxury hotel chain The Peninsula Hotels group is actively scouting prime locations here and in Mumbai to extend its footprint to India.
“We are currently looking out for locations that suits our needs. We want to establish our presence here as we believe in the future of India and its tourism industry,” Peter Borer, chief operating officer, The Peninsula Hotels, told IANS Thursday.
Borer said the group was searching for centrally-located properties in both Delhi and Mumbai.
“The most important things is the location. We are looking for central and prime locations.”
Borer refused to disclose the amount of investment for starting the India operations.
“We believe in the long term. We are long-term investors and not short-term investors. Every property of ours have different amounts of investments.”
Asked whether the company would go in for a direct property purchase, or develop the hotel from ground zero, Borer said: “This will depend on the location factor.”
The company said whenever it will enter the Indian market, it will customise its services to suit the local needs.
“Our whole concept of luxury, large rooms would remain the same. But we will tweak the concept a bit after studying the market situation.”
Currently, the company operates nine luxury hotels in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Beijing, New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, Bangkok and Manila.
The company will start operations in Paris in 2013. It is looking for properties in London.
- Italian fashion house Valentino sold - Jul 13, 2012
- Sonam invited to Salvatore Ferragamo headquarter - Feb 16, 2012
- India's apex court saves Vodafone $2.2-bn tax burden (Roundup) - Jan 20, 2012
- Geojit to lure Arab investors to Indian bourses - Jun 21, 2012
- Dissapointed Vodafone to take steps to safeguard interest - May 09, 2012
- Taj plans Vivanta hotels in Africa, China, Dubai - Jan 30, 2012
- Sand China gets bigger with Sands Cotai Central - Apr 12, 2012
- Realty business hots up in Bengal - Jun 03, 2012
- Daiwik Hotels to have five properties in two years - Jul 18, 2012
- Government plea on Vodafone tax verdict dismissed (Second Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Cathay Pacific announces Hyderabad-Hong Kong flight - Aug 23, 2012
- Dragonair to link Kolkata and Hong Kong - May 23, 2012
- Government's plea for Vodafone verdict review dismissed (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Hong Kong woos India Inc, keen on IT firms - Oct 30, 2010
- Chinese firm to invest $3 bn in Russian resorts - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: beijing, chicago beverly hills, chief operating officer, footprint, ground zero, hotels in hong kong, important things, india operations, location factor, luxury hotel chain, luxury hotels in hong kong, market situation, mumbai, New Delhi, peninsula, prime locations, shanghai, term investors, tourism industry, york chicago