Peerless may launch mutual fund next yearApril 28th, 2009 - 5:39 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, April 28 (IANS) The city-based residuary non-banking finance firm Peerless General Finance and Investment Co is likely to launch its own mutual fund next year, a senior company official said here Tuesday.
“We have got in-principle approval from SEBI (Securities and Exchange Board of India) and within the next six months we hope to get the final approval. We are going to launch the fund next year,” Peerless director of financial products distribution Jayanta Roy told reporters.
The company has been planning to launch a mutual fund for quite some time.
Meanwhile, Peerless signed a pact with private sector insurer Max New York Life Monday for distribution of Max Vijay insurance cum savings policies.
Max New York has targeted sales of over 500,000 such policies in one year through the Peerless network.
“We have so far sold 20,000 policies,” said Max New York chief executive officer and managing director Rajesh Sud.
- Peerless scouts for foreign partner for mutual fund arm - Feb 09, 2010
- Peerless in pact with UBI for mutual fund products - Sep 16, 2010
- Non-banking financial firms happy with Pranab's budget - Feb 26, 2010
- Max New York Life is Pune Warriors India's official team partner - Apr 11, 2011
- Magma to roll out housing finance, gold loan business FY13 - Apr 27, 2012
- Peerless gets regulator's nod for asset management company - Dec 22, 2008
- Peerless mutual fund introduces equity offering - Sep 07, 2011
- Government to look into insurance controversy - Apr 12, 2010
- SEBI restrains 14 insurance companies from raising fresh money - Apr 10, 2010
- IRDA move will kill variable insurance segment: Industry - Oct 23, 2010
- Insurance firms might find draft bancassurance guidelines difficult - Jan 03, 2012
- IRDA asks life insurers to defy SEBI ban (Lead) - Apr 11, 2010
- Sundaram Asset hopes to start Singapore operations this year - May 05, 2011
- SEBI bans 14 insurance companies from selling ULIPs - Apr 10, 2010
- SEBI order on ULIPs a wake-up call for IRDA - Apr 12, 2010
Tags: chief executive officer, exchange board, final approval, finance firm, insurance, insurer, investment co, managing director, mutual fund, new york life, pact, principle, private sector, quite some time, securities and exchange, securities and exchange board of india, six months, vijay