PayPal to launch business in RussiaAugust 3rd, 2011 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, Aug 3 (IANS/RIA Novosti) Online payment company PayPal plans to start business in Russia with a $25 million investment and open its first office in Moscow soon, a media report said Wednesday.
“There are rumours that this fall, the five largest Internet companies will search for key employees in Russia,” head of Pruffi recruitment agency Alyona Vladimirskaya said on her Facebook page, mentioning PayPal and eBay, its parent company.
PayPal plans to open a small office in Moscow in late fall or early winter, and eBay is considering various plans for operating in Russia, Vedomosti business daily quoted an official at a company that advised PayPal. Auction payments will be done through PayPal which is holding talks with DHL and other postal services.
PayPal was unavailable for comment.
Russia is one of the largest and fastest-growing payment markets in the world, Digital Money Association Chairman Viktor Dostov told the paper.
In 2010, online payments turnover in Russia rose 75 percent year-on-year to about 70 billion rubles ($2.545 billion).
- PayPal launches partial services in Russia - Oct 14, 2011
- FIEO ties up with eBay, PayPal to boost exports - Apr 12, 2012
- Yahoo names new CEO (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- eBay slammed with $3.8-billion lawsuit - Jul 15, 2010
- PayPal set to become global payment platform - Jul 25, 2009
- RBI permits PayPal exporters $3,000 per transaction - Oct 15, 2011
- Facebook ties up with PayPal to collect ad revenue - Feb 19, 2010
- Bitter cold may destroy 50 percent of Russia's vineyards - Feb 13, 2012
- Russian state oil firm to buy back shares worth $2 bn - Jun 01, 2012
- Yahoo CEO steps down - May 14, 2012
- Tajikistan asks Russia $250 mn in rent for base - Jul 12, 2012
- US charges hackers in high-profile cyber attack - Mar 07, 2012
- eBay fourth-quarter profit jumps 16 percent as Paypal and StubHub grow - Jan 21, 2010
- Russia to make Mi-171 helicopters for China - Aug 21, 2012
- Russia's chief investigator dismisses fraud charges - Jul 28, 2012
Tags: association chairman, auction payments, business daily, business in russia, digital money, early winter, ebay, internet companies, parent company, paypal, postal services, recruitment agency, ria novosti, rubles, rumours, russia moscow, turnover, vedomosti