Pawan Hans resumes chopper service in MeghalayaJuly 26th, 2012 - 8:48 pm ICT by IANS
Shillong, July 26 (IANS) State-owned Pawan Hans Helicopters Ltd Thursday resumed its services in the hill state of Meghalaya after a gap of 15 months.
The Meghalaya government suspended operations of Pawan Hans choppers April 30, 2011 after a helicopter carrying then Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Dorjee Khandu crashed.
Marking the resumption of the service, Chief Minister Mukul Sangma flew from Guwahati in Assam to the Indian Air Force Air Landing Ground at Upper Shillong along with officials of Pawan Hans.
Sangma was returning to Guwahati from New Delhi.
The chief minister cautioned the helicopter service provider to ensure the passenger safety.
In September 2004, 10 people, including a cabinet minister and two legislators from Meghalaya, also died in the chopper crash that took place at Kyrdem Khla, Ri-Bhoi district.
Pawan Hans chairman-cum-managing director Anil Srivastav promised that safety of passengers would be given top priority.
- Pawan Hans resumes chopper services in Meghalaya - Jul 25, 2012
- Meghalaya not to resume Pawan Hans helicopter service - Jul 28, 2011
- Not resuming helicopter service in northeast: Minister - Jun 26, 2011
- Alliance Air to increase flights to north east - May 18, 2011
- BJP demands revamp of Pawan Hans services - May 05, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh CM Khandu safe, chopper lands safely in Bhutan - Apr 30, 2011
- Chopper carrying Arunachal chief minister still missing (Night Lead) - May 01, 2011
- Pawan Hans resumes copter services in northeast - Jul 27, 2011
- Arunachal chief minister's chopper was new: Pawan Hans - May 01, 2011
- Mystery over Arunachal Pradesh CM Khandu's whereabouts deepen - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal Pradesh CM on board Pawan Hans chopper goes missing - Apr 30, 2011
- Meghalaya seeks central help on tender for chopper service - May 30, 2011
- Chopper with Arunachal chief minister still missing (Third Lead) - Apr 30, 2011
- Massive search operation to locate Arunachal Pradesh CM - Apr 30, 2011
- Arunachal chief minister's death mourned - May 04, 2011
Tags: 15 months, assam, cabinet minister, chief minister, chopper, choppers, gap, guwahati, helicopter service, helicopters ltd, indian air force, khla, mukul, passenger safety, pawan hans, resumption, service chief, shillong, state of meghalaya, top priority